In this role, you will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM of Splunk’s solutions targeted at IT organizations and IT professionals. You will contribute to thought leadership, launching new solutions, and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will define meaningful ways to engage relevant personas and market use cases effectively. You will help navigate market segments and produce the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities. You should have a bias for action, a willingness to learn and a burning desire to win.
This role is an extraordinary opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and market-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do, dynamic orientation is essential. Domain experience in IT is expected, and experience in partner marketing is preferred.
- Define market strategy and drive marketing efforts for building market awareness, the Splunk brand, lead gen, and increasing sales in the IT market.
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing, professional services and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Work closely with strategic partners, system integrators, solution providers and VARs to develop and execute joint marketing plans and tactics.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, PR, media and industry analyst briefings, trade shows, online marketing, customer stories etc.
- Work across IT Markets group to help shape business and product strategy and drive execution and innovation in product and GTM.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, industry analyst briefings, etc.
- Deliver sales and partner training and enablement and develop tools such as sales kits, ROI analysis, qualification and messaging guides to enhance partner and sales effectiveness.
- Assist the partner and field sales organization by providing his/her expertise in specific sales situations.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers and presentations.
- Drive awareness and interest for Splunk’s market leading AIOps and IT Ops solutions via blogging, published articles, presenting and driving thought leadership.
- 8+ years of product and partner marketing experience in relevant enterprise IT software.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong knowledge of technologies and solutions in the IT Operations marketplace including AIOps, the primary vendors, and industry trends and dynamics is strongly preferred.
- Must be a self starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, partner and sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Ability to build end-to-end plans and manage execution across cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, as well as interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.