The Sr. Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the go-to-marketing activities, product positioning, thought leadership content and ultimately driving customer growth of the Fortanix products. You will be at the intersection of the marketing, sales and product teams executing on our product strategy and driving the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing. You’ll be the expert on Fortanix use cases, personas, competitors in the market. You’ll use your domain and product expertise to develop product positioning, messaging and content that differentiates Fortanix in the market. You’ll partner closely with sales, product management and marketing to build the go-to-market plan and execute that plan to achieve results in a fast-growing Series-B company. The ideal candidate is a driven self-starter, a collaborator, a strategic thinker who enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves and has domain expertise in the areas of encryption or data protection.
Your day-to-day Activities:
- Be the expert on buyer personas and influencers – who they are, challenges their facing, and current use cases.
- Understand the competitive landscape – be an expert on our competition and how Fortanix can position against them to differentiate ourselves
- Create compelling content (presentations, web content, webinars, research reports etc.) that highlights differentiated value to reach the target buyers and drive demand generation
- Lead cross-functional integrated campaigns incorporating product launches, PR, customer marketing and demand generation.
- Understand and support sales channels; create and deliver effective enablement content that helps sellers identify opportunities and communicate our unique value
- In partnership with sales and product management, define go-to-market priorities that drive revenue growth including strategic alliances such as Intel, IBM, Google.
- Develop marketing plans in conjunction with the VP of Marketing that align to defined go-to-market priorities
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support, including speaking engagements and written work
- Plan the launches of new releases, and manage cross-functional implementation of the plan
- 2+ years of domain expertise in the areas of encryption, data protection, public cloud data security or key management
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in enterprise IT or cloud.
- Experience working in a startup company environment.
- Passion for knowing your market and translating that expertise to actionable go-to-market plans
- Proven ability to learn, understand and communicate the underlying technology of the products you are marketing.
- Analytical mindset with ability to execute tactically
- Demonstrated ability consistently meeting commitments with high-quality deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong productive relationships with sales and product management
- Proven experience marketing to large enterprises buyers
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups.
- Strong writing background as the original author of data sheets, solutions briefs, whitepapers and research reports.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with peers, management, cross-functional teams and third parties with the ability to manage a larger team as the company grows
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- BS/BA required; MBA preferred but not required
Fortanix is a fast-growing Series-B company funded by Intel Capital, Foundation Capital and Neotribe that has the potential to make a career. Recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, Fortanix technology is at the intersection of protecting data in the public cloud, on IoT devices and securing applications by encrypting data while it is in use. We believe in hiring the best and brightest to fuel our growth as we expand globally. We understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in the U.S., UK, India and the Netherlands.