The Security Product Marketing Manager will launch and support new security products, services, and technologies to customers, the F5 sales force, analysts and channel partners. The role requires excellent writing skills in prose and presentation formats, as well as marketing strategy, execution and business analysis skills with a proven track record of effectively leading technology products and solutions. This individual will create product messaging and positioning, launch and support new products, and enable sales and channel teams, and engage directly with customers and partners.
Our ideal candidate will have a background in cyber security, including firewall, access, SSL, API protection, web application firewall, and DDoS. The role requires strong leadership, communication and project management skills with an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Corporate Marketing, and Sales and Business Development, to lead and execute on a wide variety of product marketing initiatives. Demonstrable skills in developing customer and sales-facing presentations and other materials, including sales playbooks, white papers, website material, videos, and written communications to employees and external stakeholders, are mandatory.
* Develop product messaging and positioning that differentiates F5 security products in the market
* Enable Sales/Partner teams by creating and communicating the value proposition of the products and developing the sales tools that support the sales motion of your products
* Support launches by developing the product marketing strategy launch plans for new products and releases and managing the cross-functional implementation of the plans
* Produce product collateral such as sales, customer, and analyst presentations, product overview and datasheets, FAQs, briefs, and webcasts
* Build and leverage market intelligence by understanding the new and emerging F5 buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria, and by understanding the competition and how to position successfully
* Contribute to demand generation efforts by delivering product content and participating in activities for the marketing programs that drive demand for F5 products
* Develop and implement go-to-market plan in coordination with cross-functional team including corporate marketing, sales/channel readiness, and BD teams
* Lead engagements with sales and channel teams, customers, and partners via webcasts, direct meetings, marketing communications, and industry events
* Lead engagements with industry press and trade analysts
* Lead and mentor teammates on the product marketing team
* Present marketing strategy and plans to senior and executive level management
* Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Expertise in cyber security, including firewall, access, SSL, API protection, web application firewall, and DDoS
* Significant experience in technology product marketing (go in the II)
* Experience working in a global role and understanding marketing differences across different regions.
* Good collaboration and negotiation skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams and organizations in a global (often virtual) work environment
* Knowledge of enterprise marketing and sales processes
* Ability to effectively lead project initiatives
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills including public presentations
* Strong organizational, analytical and execution skills
* Understanding of networking technologies is a plus
* BA/BS degree with minimum 8 years experience; or equivalent experience required, MBA a plus.
* 4+ years experience in product marketing or equivalent
* 6+ years analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
* 4+ years in technical marketing