We are looking for Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. This position can be based in Colorado Springs or Denver area; we will also consider candidates in Seattle or San Francisco.
Who Will Love This Job
- A customer service leader: You are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. You get first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services. You act with customers in mind and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- A go-getter: You pursue everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish. You seldom give up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- A planner: You can accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects. You have a knack for not only setting objectives and goals, but exceeding them. You do this by breaking down work into the process steps and scheduling task/people assignments. You anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks and measure performance against goals.
- A phenomenal presenter: You are effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses. You connect with your audience both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot controversial topics. You command attention and can manage group processes during the presentation, and even change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- A good writer: You enjoy writing on technical and business topics. You dig in and do the research to understand trends and how our solutions solve real business challenges and then writing about your findings in blogs, papers, and web pages.
- A relator: You understand why customers do what they do and picks up the sense of the client in terms of positions, intentions, and needs. You understand what they value and how to motivate them and can predict what customers will do across different situations.
What You'll Do
- Excel in a fast-paced, global environment to take ownership of technical marketing activities related to our IT Service Management software offerings
- Engage closely with our product management teams to design and build differentiated messaging and technical content to increase awareness and demand
- Successfully evangelize and position our products and solutions for multiple audiences – customers, partners, analysts and press.
- Spend time engaging with product management, sales, and customers to develop a command of our target audience, key pain points they are experiencing, our unique value proposition and the competitive landscape
- Use your marketing knowledge to develop compelling messaging, product literature, presentations, and sales training
- Develop, maintain, expand marketing materials for Cherwell Software products
- Build and maintain webinars and workshops
- Conduct competitor analysis and share competitive intelligence internally
- Coordinate speaking proposals and speak at industry conferences and regional events
- Conduct market analysis through regular customer and partner surveys
- Develop regular customer success stories using a series of creative formats including video, infographics, and blogs
- Maintain sales tools to support the sales cycle
What You Should Have
- 3+ years of product marketing or management experience with software, SaaS-based, or technology products in the B2B space
- Talent for the market trends spotting trends and anticipating
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical content
- Excellent people skills; ability to interact and collaborate effectively with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties. Able to build rapport and connect with customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write/originate strong marketing and sales content
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits
- Ability to think strategically while implementing tactically, balancing marketing and sales needs with a high level of flexibility
- Strong ability to multitask with proven track record of execution on initiatives/programs
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or marketing
- Live in or willing to relocate to Denver/Colorado Springs area
- Ability to commute to Colorado Springs as needed
Nice to Have
- Experience working with global teams on multiple projects and programs
- Will consider Seattle or San Francisco locations
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- Bragging rights
- We're a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO