The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for new product introduction and product lifecycle marketing across all brands and product categories. They will lead the Product Marketing team, as well as work closely with the Category Management, Sales, Engineering and Customer Marketing teams.
The successful candidate will develop long and short-term strategies, marketing plans, new product launches, and sales promotion programs that will achieve corporate revenue, volume, and share objectives.
- Manage and develop a team of direct reports while also acting as the orchestrator within marketing department to cross-functionally execute against marketing plans globally
- Develop annual comprehensive product marketing plan and budget geared toward revenue and category growth. Manage marketing budget and work with category management to track financial performance.
- Aggressively work with product managers and sales leadership to identify opportunities and develop plans to increase and maximize sales of existing products globally
- Determine global positioning and key messages of new and existing products in the marketplace for all brands and product categories.
- Ensure that product marketing materials follow brand positioning for respective brands and create value against the competition while meaningfully differentiating against other brands within the Life Fitness portfolio
- Work closely with Customer Marketing team to ensure appropriate product launch by customer segment
- Review financial performance of product lines within brands, including measurement and analysis of profitability, growth, etc. Suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Gain market knowledge by regularly communicating with sales team and customers
- Market existing brand product lines over the course of the product lifecycle to ensure continued demand globally
- Work closely with ISBU Product Marketing team to ensure consistent global messaging and NPI
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to communicate plans, understand and prioritize opportunities for growth, and implement solutions that align with key business strategies
- Develop metrics and KPIs for all product marketing projects to optimize and ensure ongoing success
- Manage the marketing budget for product marketing activity
- Direct creative agencies and other business partners in the development of marketing strategies and programs
- Manage outside vendors and internal development teams to deliver projects on time and on budget
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing experience
- Background in brand management preferred with understanding of how to build strong brands in a ‘house of brands’ environment
- Strong fitness market and product knowledge
- Possess a broad, hands-on understanding of all marketing functions, including digital, PR, customer acquisition & retention, traditional marketing, trade shows & events
- Strong business & financial acumen
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to connect creativity, data/analytics, and strategic thought
- Ability to mentor and develop staff
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams and ability to influence and build followership across organizational boundaries
- Global perspective and experience
- Experience with marketing processes, maintaining brand standards and creative development process
- Leader who is willing to take charge in uncomfortable situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization
- Ability to thrive in chaotic environment with many unknowns and changing objectives
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-time zone environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including internationally
- Proficient inMSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Candidate will be:
- Results driven: A successful candidate adopts a strong orientation toward achievement, holds high expectations for him/herself and others, and pushes to achieve at high levels
- Strategic: This leader takes a long-range, broad approach to problem solving and decision making through objective analysis, thinking ahead and planning
- Structuring: The candidate adopts a systematic and organized approach; develops and utilizes guidelines and procedures
- Communication: The candidate states clearly what he/she wants and expects from others, clearly expresses thoughts and ideas, and maintains a precise and constant flow of information
- Persuasive: This leader builds commitment by convincing others and winning them over to his/her point of view.