Job DescriptionSr. Global Product ManagerRequisition ID: R-01201249
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific Information
This position is part of the Cell Culture Cell Therapy Business Unit within the Bioproduction Division at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The ideal candidate can be hybrid with the ability to travel to sites in US and Scotland, visit customer and collaborate with R&D and other members of the team.What will you do?
- Develop mid-range product strategies and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of the product platform. This includes identifying, establishing and leading strategic relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders.
- Be a key opinion leader (KOL) for their product line, represent Thermo Fisher Scientific externally at conferences and tradeshows, able to effectively communicate product strategy and tactics to the market.
- Champion successful launches through requirements, development, and commercialization. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the Sr Product Manager is responsible for the ultimate customer and financial success of new product introductions (NPIs).
- Responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
- Serve as product champion with internal partners, regional teams, and directly with customers including key accounts.
- Maintain close relationships with field organization (e.g., sales and technical support) through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, participating with pricing tactics, and customer support.
- Provide input to business unit annual strategic plan development including STRAP and AOP
- Champion new product directions: work across functions to develop business opportunities for revenue growth (organic and inorganic) and cost reduction and use voice of customer research. Develop long-term product roadmap according to business strategy.
- Partner closely with commercial organization to support price and supply agreement negotiations.
- Develop business cases for investments and present to general manager / senior leadership.
- Provide market input and voice of customer to the Operations function. Support product planning in conjunction with manufacturing and planning teams to deliver optimal service levels for products; analyze profitability and monitor key financial indicators.
- Develop and manage strategic collaborations for product partnerships. Lead cross-functional teams with R&D, operations, commercial groups and external partners to implement programs.
- BS degree in Life Sciences, Marketing, Engineering, Business, or STEM field required
- MBA or advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of product management, program management, or related business experience within life sciences industry
- Advanced knowledge of global Cell Culture markets and competitive landscape.
- Sophisticated skills in Microsoft Products: PowerPoint, Excel, PowerBI
- Experience working in environments with strong cross functional and/or Matrix collaboration
- Experience leading teams and influencing others without direct authority
- Strong financial skills and history of demonstrated customer focus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Prior experience in a Global Product Management role driving overall portfolio strategy and leading new product development programs
- Product life-cycle management including portfolio planning, product rationalization, collecting Voice of Customer, Market Research, Market Strategy, Value Based Pricing.
- Experience in developing and implementing Long-Range Roadmap (3-5 years) that includes development/optimization and launching platforms
- Experience in driving prioritization for initiatives that will have maximum impact
- Ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships to effectively empower project teams and resolve issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present to all levels of an organization internally and externally
- Ability to think strategically by using insights & data to build a vision on long-term plan
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong process consistency
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.