You already know that Amazon is best-in-class at delighting shoppers online, but how would you like to be part of the team that will build best-in-class "offline" experiences for Amazon customers? The In-Person Authentication team is ready to disrupt the offline identity space, and is looking for smart, experienced, entrepreneurial Sr. Product Manager -Technical to grow our platform, working with multiple Amazon teams - Fresh, Alexa, Treasure Truck, etc. - building exciting new features that take the online customer experience into the physical world. We are a platform team exploring emerging geo-location technologies, so if you are interested in creating delightful experiences for our customers from the ground floor of a new project, this is the role for you!
We are looking for a smart and experienced Product Manager to help define new platform features, and create product alignment with other Amazon groups. You can imagine new experiences enabled by geo-location, have an experimentation-oriented mindset, and are willing to try out new ideas and prototypes. You will build relationships with decision makers in business and product teams across Amazon. This is a highly visible position that will interact and influence at all levels of the Amazon.com businesses.
Establish platform goals and develop product roadmap. Drive product development efforts, including research, requirements definition, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, and launch.
· Identify and drive strategic business opportunities in the offline authentication space.
· Work with Amazon teams to understand their customer needs and business drivers.
· Develop business model and develop product strategy to maximize platform adoption.
· Write product documents, and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design, and development teams.
· Measure and analyze existing technologies for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers
The ideal candidate has an strong background in software product management and technology platforms. You have demonstrated experience working in a cross-functional capacity with a proven track record of delivering successful products to market. You are clearly passionate about the large opportunity that geo-location platform presents. This leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, this individual will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between competing priorities. MBA is a plus.
· 5+ years of Product Management experience
· Bachelor's degree is required
· Experience in developing technology platforms that scale in a high growth environment, with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
· Must be able to think strategically and act tactically.
· Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope technical requirements and prioritize project work.
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination.
· Successful history of shipping innovative products
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
· A computer science background or equivalent technical background is strongly preferred.