Amazon Business represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high interest for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions that enable B2B customers to find, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). Business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
The Amazon Business team is seeking Software Development Engineers who want to disrupt the way businesses shop and purchase online. Our team is focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to research, discover and buy products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - from the visual interface to the back end services. You will help redefine normal for this segment of the market. You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solution that provide good customer experience. Candidates need to have strong ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills.
As a Sr. Product Manager for Amazon Business, you will define, build, educate and own cross site experiences for B2B. This leader will build an unrivaled customer experience for businesses using Amazon for their procurement needs globally. Specifically, this leader will be responsible for: 1) providing a seamless end-to-end Amazon like buying experience tailored for businesses; 2) driving innovation in core shopping experience ; 3) Working across Amazon to evaluate new opportunities and evangelize the needs of businesses.
You will work across Amazon Business teams and Amazon to define, design and execute solutions to meet the needs of Amazon business customers, regardless of size, industry or geography. The scope is global (e.g., business customers purchasing products from our international Amazon marketplaces). This leader and her/his team will need to speak to a wide range of business customers (size, industry, geography, personas) to understand the various requirements related to the shopping experience (e.g., comparing, researching, and buying) and work backwards to document customer requirements. The individual is expected to be able to dive deep into the technical design with Development teams across Amazon and help buildl solutions that meets the need and puts the customer at the center.
Some qualities that we are looking for: Results oriented (and have a track record of repeatedly delivering great results); you are an inventor and an innovator (and have already proven it); you have the intellect and horsepower to solve really complex problems (some may say impossible to solve); ability to wear multiple hats, and do what it takes to make your team successful; you have relentlessly high standards (some may say too high); you are customer obsessed; you operate well in an ambiguous environment; and finally, you have a burning desire to be a part of something really big.
· Lead the development of the customer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and Tech program management to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet program/business goals
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field.
· 6+ years of overall experience with 4+ years of product management experience in the software industry building consumer facing experiences.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
· Experience in cross functional roles and a proven track record of delivering successful products to market
· Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems
· Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements for customer-facing products/services
· Deep experience authoring documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications
· Ability to earn trust across different levels and multiple groups of a large organization
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly.
· Solid experience running A/B tests and/or multivariate tests, and optimizing the customer experience.
· Experience communicating with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.