Vibrational Spectroscopy is increasingly used to monitor and optimize processes in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech, semiconductor and other industries globally. The Sr. Product Manager will drive growth of spectroscopy products into process applications and provide the vision and leadership for step change growth in spectroscopy services. This leader will lead a dedicated team of product managers and will also be required to influence stakeholders across functions and regions. The ideal candidate will have had experience as a product manager in a B2B environment as well as people management experience. The primary objectives of this role are to drive profitable revenue growth by assessing and understanding customer needs, developing business cases based on market insights and growth targets, providing a commercial perspective to internal teams, proactively engaging with sales to meet targets, and rigorously driving execution of new product launches to maintain market leadership. This is a rewarding opportunity in a visible, high growth business within Thermo Fisher.
Location/Division Specific Information:
Madison, WI / Materials and Structural Analysis Division
What will you do?
- Manages Research product line to meet key financial targets
- Drives revenue and profit growth by leveraging the full product management skill set
- Actively uses VOC to drive innovation pipeline and product roadmap
- Understands and broadly communicates unmet customer needs
- Develops business case for assigned products, including product launch plans, product pricing, product positioning, value proposition, forecasting and channel strategy
- Monitors competitive activity and develops winning strategies for new and existing products
- Provides product-specific technical and marketing support to field sales organizations
- Leverages global sales and applications teams to identify new growth opportunities
Bachelors in engineering or science required. MBA preferred.
- Previous product management experience in similar industry; 3 years people management experience,
- Comfortable working with highly technical scientists and engineers as well as customers
- Knows how to convert market intelligence into valued added features and products
- Able to lead cross-functionally to accelerate new product development
- Able to assess impact of projects and prioritize/allocate time accordingly
- Execution oriented and able to drive projects to completion
- Capable of researching industries, applications, customers, and market trends to be able to draw meaningful conclusions towards business case development
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyze the overall business impact
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong skills in PowerPoint and excel
- Travel-25%-30% US/Global