As a member of themarketing team,thispositionwillsupport thepromotionandmanagement of approved and marketedproducts inthe SleepBusiness Unit.Theindividualwill help driveproductadoptionwithinFDA-approved indication(s)in the narcolepsy and sleepmarket space, be a key member of thebrandplanningprocess,assistthe brand team inkeyaspects of brandstrategy,managementandtacticaldevelopmentanddeployment,andwill represent the marketing team at various internal andexternalmeetings.
- Participate and lead portions ofthedevelopment of an integrated marketing plan for Xyrem
- Participate incross functional sub-teams to ensurealignmentandappropriateexecutionon brand plan;become a trusted partner and contributor in this setting
- Initiateandanalyzequalitativeandquantitativemarket data/market research to continuallygain a deeperunderstanding of thecustomer,brand,disease area, andmarket.Proposeinformedstrategiesandtactics to addresskey unmetneeds.
- Innovatewith a broadviewoncrossfunctionalappropriatenesswith a specialfocus on regulatory andcompliance
- Responsiblefor marketingbudget andaccrualprocesswithfinancedepartment
- Forecast productutilization andconversions for Xyrem and Life Cycle Management
- Managerelationshipswithstrategicpartnersandvendors to ensurethatprojects are completedin a timely and efficientmanner while remaining on budget;conditionpartners for executionalexcellenceandholdthemaccountable for successmetrics; constantly analyzeandoptimizecampaigns
- Leadthedevelopmentanddeployment of allbrandedandunbranded(diseaseawareness)initiativesinsupport of Xyremincludingobjectivesetting,contentdevelopment,internalreview, OPDP review, QC, production, and distributionto the field.
- Contribute to strategies or mechanismsthatwill optimize accesstoand affordability of Xyrem using a gained understanding of managedcare and pharmacyoperations.
- Representmarketing team asthesubjectmatterexpert at PMRCmeetings, as well as otherinternalmeetings.
- Leadthedevelopment of appropriatemessaging,programs,andmaterials for Plan of Action(POA)meetingsandnational salesmeetings.
- Leadsales force communicationplanning. This includes presenting atvarioussalesmeetings,traininginitiatives, ad boards,internal projectteams andbrandplanningoffsitemeetings.
- Identify customerneeds anddriveappropriateproductadoption by leveraging existingrelationshipswith KOL’s, patientadvocacygroups, key customers,andotherappropriate stakeholders
- Represent thebrand vision and marketing team objectivesincrossfunctionalsettings
- Participate inquarterlypublicationplanningmeetings
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a relateddiscipline; an advanced degree is preferable. MBAisdesirable.
- Three to five yearsofexperiencein pharmaceuticalmarketing
- Five ormoreyearsofexperienceinpharmaceuticalsales and/or related management.
- Demonstrated record ofeffectively working incross-functional team; strong team work skills and demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to shift focus between strategy, planning, and execution with agility and strict attention to detail
- Demonstratedstronganalytical,planning,project managementandorganizationalskills.
- A strongly preferred candidate would have a pharmaceuticalcareer progressiondemonstratinggrowthin responsibility and scope,particularlyin commercial positions