Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The Role: In this role, you will be focused on building, improving and advancing the Roku OS experience as applicable to Roku TV platform. The Roku TV platform is a complete Smart TV software solution combining traditional TV capabilities with Roku’s world-class streaming platform. Through interaction with internal teams, metrics, market research and feedback from TV partners, you will identify, champion, and track major new TV-related features and refinements, targeting them for upcoming Roku OS releases. You can talk technology with developers, user experience with designers and metrics with data scientists. Your ultimate goal will be to continuously increase the appeal and satisfaction of Roku TVs to consumers and existing users while expertly balancing this with Roku’s business objectives and partnerships.
- Identify and research new compelling and innovative TV related features
- Identify and prioritize improvements to increase customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with other product managers to introduce cross-functional features
- Write feature requirements documentation and socialize them with the necessary stakeholders
- Comfortable guiding engineering to prioritize technical efforts
- Track metrics and create dashboards for TV related features
- Track features through development to release
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience on consumer facing software and some knowledge of hardware
- Excellent knowledge of TV, streaming and home entertainment technology and the OS’s that drive it.
- Proven track record of improving and advancing products you’ve managed.
- Data driven. You make decisions with data, and know how to get it yourself when none is available
- Solid career examples demonstrating improvements in customer satisfaction and product quality
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills applicable for different audiences including upper management, product management, engineering, customer service and key Roku partners
- Able to influence leaders across functions without playing politics.
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering, Business or related discipline required
- Based in San Jose with the ability and willingness to travel occasionally as needed
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed