PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manages the marketing efforts (planning/positioning, promotion, market access, and product life-cycle management) for assigned product(s) in the U.S. nephrology healthcare market segment. Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders and executives to help set the strategic direction. Works to develop, execute/implement, and communicate overall product marketing plan and strategies. Assists with establishment and execution of short and long term goals and objectives for product marketing efforts, ensuring alignment with divisional and company strategic plans. Ensures all promotional/advertising materials meet internal and FDA Regulatory and Compliance guidelines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes full understanding of the business and industry to manage the commercialization of assigned product(s), providing program oversight to ensure successful and effective implementation of the marketing plan. Collaborates cross-functionally regarding in-depth market analysis, effective market research activities, thought leader development, forecasting, pricing strategy, and reimbursement/market access initiatives.
- Develops, recommends, and collaborates with necessary senior management to assist with implementation of impactful marketing strategies and recommends long and short term marketing plans that help drive brand identity and business.
- Participates in all aspects of the marketing mix including promotion, pricing, distribution, and product development/changes.
- Analyzes and defines the market and provides accurate sales projections/forecasts.
- Provides market research plan for product(s) as directed, while updating direct supervisor and/or senior management.
- Develops and maintains key contacts with different target audiences to fully understand marketplace dynamics.
- Develops and disseminates promotion and training programs, including coordination of external suppliers and agencies, and with input from sales.
- Creates effective market communications programs to maximize return on investment. This includes symposia, speaker programs, print materials, etc.
- Works with advertising agency and promotional review system to implement overall campaign elements, educational, promotional and public relations programs.
- Sets objectives for promotional programs and tactics consistent with strategy and oversees the development of the promotional tactics for the healthcare and “at risk” patient audience.
- Manages the development of tactics to include advertising, brochures, direct mail campaigns, sales literature, videos, medical education and slide programs, according to strategy and within agreed-upon budgets.
- Gains approval for all marketing materials through internal review process and with key customers.
- Provides management, leadership, and vision regarding opportunities for the maximization of product potential in a rapidly evolving U.S. renal market in collaboration with various colleagues.
- Clarifies brand vision, mission, and long-term goals for the cross-functional team members.
- Provides regular status updates regarding marketing plan implementation timeline, tactics and program situation to senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Partners with sales team(s), sales management team(s), and/or Medical Affairs Group to ensure appropriate sales support tools are available to support the success of the renal pharmaceutical portfolio.
- Responsible for the translation of product requirements for the U.S. markets, ensuring that all requirements are understood within the Fresenius Marketing and Sales organizations, in addition to the external market.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel20-30% to conduct business at various locations (imanufacturing sites, customer offices/clinics, and trade shows).
B.A. or B.S. Degree in business or a related field required; MBA with a background in healthcare is preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 - 8years of relevant experiencerequired in product management; if Master’s Degree 3 years required.
- Extremely motivated marketing professional with a proven track record of developing impactful marketing program.
- US nephrology healthcare market segment experience highly preferred.
- Understands fundamentals of conducting market research; promotional tool and message development required.
- Previous budgetexperiencedesired.
- Familiarity with advertising agency operations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Collaboration skills are a must and demonstrated work experience across cultures is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as effective presentation skills.
- Maintains pro-active approach to all situations, with ability to anticipate problems and come up with appropriate solutions.
- Exercises sound, independent judgment.
- Requires knowledge of all MS Office applications.
Job ID 18000CRX