As the Senior Product Manager, this individual will be an integral member of the Clinical Innovation team, reporting to the Sr. Director, Product Management. In this role, you will be engaged in extensively analyzing opportunities to expand Auris' data capabilities, executing a consistent discovery and definition process for the full Robotic Assisted Surgery product portfolio, and setting the strategic vision by recommending projects accretive to Auris' business. This role also serves as a guide and liaison to development teams throughout the product development process.
Your primary duties will include but not limited to:
- Guide analysis of data needs and market opportunities
- Understand and inform data requirements that occurs within Auris' Endo Engineering, advanced development Engineering, and Research & Innovation teams;
- Work with the Sr. Director, Product Management to evaluate health economics associated with market opportunities;
- Ensure that developments in the competitive landscape are adequately captured and reflected in opportunity analysis;
- Collaborate with relevant cross functional recommend clinical performance targets for
- Lead Customer discovery and definition efforts
- Implement customer-facing discovery and definition efforts to uncover customer needs and define data related product and service solutions;
- Document customer jobs, pains, and gains for all discovery and definition initiatives;
- Develop, test, and prioritize customer perspectives on data value propositions and product concepts;
- Demonstrate how product and service solutions fit broader market needs and can be executed in a sound, scalable business model.
- Strategic Data Roadmap
- Organize, process, and present existing and potentially new data capabilities to assess and inform clinical utility
- Work with Software and Data R&D teams to develop relevant value add capabilities and clear target product profile;
- Establish a multi-generational roadmap for implementing products or services to our customers
- Establish and Implement Connectivity Strategy
- Work with Software and R&D organization to structure appropriate strategy to implement value add applications in the Cloud
- Validate software eco-system to ensure there is adequate value to the customers;
- Develop go-to-market planning and launch excellence tools to maximize impact to Auris and the customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- B.S. in computer science or engineering and 5-7 years with software, cloud-based applications, or information systems experience highly preferred. Strategy consulting experience and/or Masters or MBA highly also preferred.
- Required medical device company experience and must have basic knowledge working in an FDA regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
- Past experience and exposure to patient privacy highly preferred (PHI, HIPAA, etc)
- Extensive leadership capability and ability to influence broad, cross-functional organizations in a medical device company.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to articulate customer needs and feedback to the engineering and marketing organizations.
- Ability to translate and simplify problems of considerable scope and complexity into manageable tasks with measurable requirements.
- An approachable individual who provides a high level of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and dynamic working environment.