Sr. Product Manager - RADZ
Excell Marketing - Des Moines, IA
JOB SUMMARY: The Radz Sr. Product Manager communicates product vision from the highest levels of executive leadership to design, development and implementation teams, leading these cross-functional teams from a product’s conception through product launch. The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for implementing the company’s strategic product plans.
ORGANIZATIONAL AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the President of Radz.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions:
- Works with executive leadership to create product release calendar.
- Works with creative team in the development of new products and line extension.
- Coordinates the activities of the Product Development, Design, Engineering, Sourcing teams.
- Manages manufacturing and manufacturing timelines with the assistance of Radz Production Manager to ensure that all items are completed and released on schedule.
- Develops cost and margin analysis for each item and presents to Radz President for approval.
- Works closely with National Sales Account teams to evaluate, develop and deliver product programs specific to Key National Accounts.
- Analyzes sales data and build reports to present to management regarding proposed product changes (packaging, pricing, formats), product line expansions/retractions, and market channel specific product recommendations
- Maintains competitive market analysis reports, comparing company’s products to competitor’s products, including pricing and positioning
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; researching market and industry trends
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5Years Proven experience as a Product Manager in a CPG company (toy experience a plus)
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Familiarity with graphic design, industrial design, and manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with licensed product development (Disney, etc.)
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong knowledge and proven experience with product management, people management, understanding the customer, product development, requirements analysis, pricing, planning, competitive analysis, sales planning, inventory control, financial planning and strategy
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS : The daily responsibilities of this position constantly require effective talking, hearing, sitting, walking and standing functions. The position also requires frequent repetitive motion activities. Must be able to read print and computer-based materials and to do so with consistent accuracy. Most of these functions require light physical exertion and are conducted in a temperature controlled environment with occasional exposure to hot and cold temperature.
INTELLECTUAL/EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The occupant of this position must be able to perform the responsibilities of the position well under pressure. The position requires adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure. This position requires the ability to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of others. It also requires adaptability to fluctuate between priorities on a daily basis while being responsive to needs as they arise
Job Type: Full-time
- Licensing and Product Development: 2years
- Product Lifecycle Management: 3years
- Leadership: 3years
- CPG: 3years