Ever worked on a product where the requirements were dictated to you by stakeholders? Not at Pluralsight. We believe in Human-Centered Design, autonomous teams, and the customer breaking the tie. Which means you will be working on a cross-functional team with a dev team who all share the same focus: learning from our internal and external customers and using that knowledge to decide what problems to solve and how to solve them. This is why we look for practitioners who are experienced, good at understanding people, and are driven by the love of what they do.
A large part of the promise of online training is the ability for authors to create content for our learners. We're stretching the boundaries of how our authors are creating video content and enabling them to focus on creating amazing content by giving them tools that streamline the creation process and make the experience easy.
We are currently hiring a Senior Product Manager for our content production team focused on creating experiences for our authors. We are looking for a results-oriented product practitioner to join our team to evolve our experiences, contributing to raising the bar on our best in class skills platform.
Who you are committed to being:
- You are focused on making progress every day
- You are comfortable establishing and evangelizing a desired end state, or outcome, and motivating others to come along
- You ask detailed and specific questions, understand nuance, and challenge conventional wisdom
- You care about the success of your customers
- You understand that what people say they want and what they actually want may differ
- You are passionate about learning and actively seek feedback to drive continual improvement
- You care about the health of your team and lead from a place of empathy
- You care equally about results and how you show up in delivering them
What you'll own:
- Driving product mission, vision and strategy for video content creation that aligns to company vision
- Prioritizing and setting the outcomes with your team based on the company vision
- Discovering customer needs and balancing those with Pluralsight business objectives
- Designing research strategies to test proposed solutions cost-effectively and to minimize risk while continuing to learn and deliver
- Facilitating product design, engineering and content team members through problem solving to create innovative solutions that are viable, desirable, and feasible
- Communicating plans, progress, goals, and challenges to internal and external stakeholders
- Bringing best practices and methods to the team to level up our practices
- Resolving and reducing issues and bugs in collaboration with engineering
Experience you'll need:
- At least 5-6 years of product experience
- Ability to identify new and impactful business opportunities.
- Experience designing mixed methodology research, mapping qualitative to quantitative data, and using synthesis to drive powerful insights that drive progress.
- Ability to lead user research and human-centered design efforts.
- An analytical approach to and history of testing and understanding the performance of experiences and new features.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, and collaboration skills including the ability to gather, organize, share and orient multiple groups around an objective.
- Experience facilitating autonomous, cross-functional teams with a strong sense of accountability and communicating on a technical level with engineers and designers.
- Strategically defining and/or leading product experiences with understanding of competitive markets.