The Product team has decades of experience, with teammates from a range of leading companies such as Amazon, Apple, Disney, Google, IAC and more. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Austin, Indianapolis, Sacramento, San Francisco and Santa Clara, California, and a culture that:
- demands empathy for our customers
- is excited by the business mission of the company
- runs on collaboration with other disciplines and business partnerships
- requires you to come up with ideas on your own and be laser focused on execution
- has strong and opinionated leadership pushing the department to evolve
- supports PMs in having long and passionate careers
- recognizes the need to have a balanced life that includes family, friends, health and wellness
- demands authenticity and trustworthiness and respect
- seeks to humanize technology in a challenging product category
What You Will Do
- Work with engineering, data science, application and partner teams, and leadership to define the product strategy and roadmap to positively impact customer success.
- Champion and drive platform solutions across the organization to deliver on key initiatives, taking ownership of platform services through every stage of the lifecycle, including idea generation, testing, deployment, integration, performance measurement.
- Partner with product, engineering, data science, UX research and design colleagues to identify and support integration and business solutions, collaborating closely with engineering owners and architects to understand and contribute to architecture and design.
- Champion and create buy-in for the product vision with key internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Work with business stakeholders and development colleagues to define product requirements and write product requirements documents, including detailed user stories, handling the product backlog and prioritization.
- Ensure success of the team’s scrum process as product owner, owning the product backlog, grooming, prioritization, taking part in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, demos, retrospectives and other ceremonies
- Optimize product development processes to deliver projects on time, in scope, and on budget, increasing the rate of innovation and magnifying the team’s impact across business units, including partner channels.
- Communicate product status, metrics, goals and performances clearly to internally stakeholders throughout the organization, including impacted teams (internal, external) across geographic locations.
- Help define market research and competitive analysis, using best benchmarking for new products, functions and features.
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years related experience as a product manager
- Experience designing APIs and API-driven solutions on a micro-services architecture
- Experience as a product owner in scaled agile frameworks
- Working knowledge of cloud based technology, including AWS, Kafka,
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead teams – including remote teams -- by influence to execute on deadline in an ambiguous environment, pitch in on whatever needs doing and get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, and the ability to communicate the product vision, roadmap, backlog priorities and trade-offs, adapting the message to the audience, technical and non-technical.
- Proficiency in tools such as Atlassian, JIRA, MS Office, etc.
- Experience in health insurance or related fields preferred.