BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
At MSC, >60% of our transactions are transacted electronically with about $1B running through our web platform and we’re just getting started. We are growing our e-Commerce team and investing in forward-thinking digital solutions. As we build out the team, we are looking for a smart and innovative leader who is self-sufficient and thrives in ambiguity, has experience in modelling data, and can drive results across business and technical teams. This is an opportunity to be a part of something special, help us build the future of digital at MSC, and really impact our delivery of an outstanding customer experience.
The position of Sr. Product Manager will drive customer experience initiatives for MSC’s digital products. The position requires regular communication with senior management across various streams of the company presenting strategies and project updates. The Sr. Product manager will be responsible for one or more area of digital product, analyzing data and developing a roadmap to help us deliver a cutting-edge digital solution to enhance our customer’s experience.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives the customer experience initiatives for MSC’s digital products.
- Works with predictive models, analyzing, creating user segmentation, and extracting insights that drive business decisions with a lens towards common-sizing and solution building in a global environment.
- Leverages technical knowledge legacy (SAP and IBM) and modern systems (SAAS), 3rd party systems and APIs to create a holistic solution.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to define scope, budget and transform the existing framework or design/develop new models to ensure a first-class customer experience.
- Collaborates with customers, partners, peers and stakeholders to understand requirements, define the scope of work, and build micro-roadmaps aligned with the vision of the digital strategy organization.
- Analyzes macro-economic trends, perform competitive analysis, size-up internal capabilities, and build business cases to support the portfolio of initiatives.
- Fosters a strong product culture within the organization.
- Collaborates with the respective engineering / development partners to assist in designing the best product in terms of customer experience.
- Contributes to long-term product roadmap and strategy development.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related technical field or equivalent practical experience required.\An MBA (or equivalent) from a top-tier institution, or equivalent business experience is preferred.
- Minimum of six years of relevant product management required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
- Ability to interact with Engineers and Designers on technical topics to identify best possible decisions.
- Analytical skills a must: spreadsheet modeling, pivot tables, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with business and technology strategy, business modeling, roadmap planning and scenario analysis.
Compensation starting at $81,697.00 and up commensurate with experience
Benefits may include: paid time away including holidays and parental leave, medical and dental plans, retirement savings plans with company-match, disability and life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, recognition and service award programs, wellness and workplace flexibility programs, stock purchase plan, and product discounts (Benefits may vary by location).”