$100K — $150K *
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
At MSC, >60% of our transactions are transacted electronically with about $1B running through our web platform and we’re just getting started. We are growing our e-Commerce team and investing in forwardthinking digital solutions. As we build out the team, we are looking for a smart and innovative leader who is self-sufficient and thrives in ambiguity, has experience in modelling data, and can drive results across business and technical teams. This is an opportunity to be a part of something special, help us build the future of digital at MSC, and really impact our delivery of an outstanding customer experience.
The position of Sr. Manager, Product Management will drive customer experience initiatives for MSC’s digital products. The position requires regular communication with senior management across various streams of the company presenting strategies and project updates. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for a team of Product Managers and Associate Product Managers identifying creative and cutting-edge digital solutions to enhance our customer’s experience.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Builds and leads a team of solution-minded product managers and associate product managers, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability and inclusion.
* Drives customer experience initiatives for MSC’s digital products.
* Works with predictive models, analyzing, creating user segmentation, and extracting insights that drive business decisions
* Leverage legacy technical knowledge (SAP and IBM) and modern systems (SAAS), 3rd party systems and APIs to create a holistic solution. Works with a domain or POD based model across the customer journey (i.e.-landing page, search, product details, cart, etc.)
* Collaborates with cross-functional teams to define scope, budget and transform the existing framework or design/develop new models to ensure a first-class customer experience
* Collaborates with customers, partners, peers and stakeholders to understand requirements, define the scope of work, and build micro-roadmaps aligned with the vision of the digital strategy organization.
* Analyzes macro-economic trends, perform competitive analysis, size-up internal capabilities, and build business cases to support the portfolio of initiatives.
* Builds a team of Product Managers, nurturing the existing skillset and raising the bar for higher standards.
* Fosters a strong product culture within the organization.
* Keys in on customer needs and work backwards to define tenets, customer experiences, long-term goals, focus areas and key metrics.
* Collaborates with the respective engineering / development partners to assist in designing the best product in terms of customer experience.
* Monitors customer feedback, response and metrics; developing plans to support growth and scale the business efficiently; driving continuous solution improvements.
* Experiments autonomously with meaningful projects.
* Develops and defines long-term product roadmap and strategy.
* Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
* Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
*INDICATES ESSENTIAL DUTIES To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related technical field or equivalent practical experience required. MBA/MS in Computer Science, Business Administration, related technical field strongly preferred. Minimum of eight years of product management experience – with at least four years of people management experience, preferably experience managing through direct report managers required.
Track record of complex and creative problem-solving, and the desire to create and build new businesses.
Ability to work well cross-functionally with various technical levels to identify best possible decisions.
Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for having fun.
Experience with end-to-end product delivery.
Analytical skills a must: spreadsheet modeling, pivot tables, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
Strong knowledge and practical experience with business and technical strategy, business modeling, roadmap planning and scenario analysis.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
Valid through: 1/21/2022