Sr. Product Manager, Membership & Data
New York Public Radio is seeking a Senior Product Manager for Membership & Data to join the Digital Product and Technology team. This role owns the product strategy, execution, and successful delivery of all revenue and data focused initiatives across New York Public Radio’s digital experiences across all our brands inclusive of web sites, apps, podcasts, and livestream experiences. Your portfolio will include our Data Warehouse, CRM system, eCommerce and payment solutions as well as the consumer experiences driven by these systems.
In this role, you will collaborate across our organization using research, analysis, and a deep understanding and empathy for our users, to determine how best to build loyalty, engagement, and subscriptions to our membership products. Your goal will be to drive data analysis leading to discovering, developing, and shipping products and features that deepen our relationship with our existing members and creating new membership programs across our suite of brands to increase revenue.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned, self-directed, and confident product leader with a passion for public media and a toolbox of approaches to strategy, design, product development, organizational effectiveness, and team leadership.
- Drive iterative product development from conception through launch in collaboration with Engineering, UX, Project Management, and QA teams.
- Define the minimal viable product; making trade-offs between the feature set and time-to-market
- Develop and define our long and short-term membership and data product strategy
- Develop deep understanding of our audience, business, and industry
- Be the voice of the user - advocating for user-focused product initiatives and improvements
- Identify technology, digital trends, and evolving social behavior that may support or impede our success
- Form product hypotheses; debate, defend and iterate on them and adjust course based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Define requirements, specifications and user stories for new features and enhancements
- Build and maintain roadmaps to create value for users and grow business
- Author use-cases and user stories and build shared understanding
- Discover opportunities worth pursuing through analysis and rapid experimentation via product discovery and design thinking methods
- Collaborate with clear communication and a positive, results-oriented approach with internal teams and departments
- Coordinate with product peers and their teams to share learnings and ensure quality cross-platform experience
- Analyze the metrics that inform the success of our products; identifying opportunities to improve our products based on the data
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, workflows, wireframes, design requirements, and other materials needed to support product creation and refinement
- Evaluate and manage relationships with partners and vendors
- Develop proposals, RFPs, presentations, and business plans
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on roadmap and KPI targets
- Ability to organize and motivate large cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage conflicting interests between teams and drive to solutions
- A passion for public media
- Ability to think big, while paying attention to detail; ability to balance consumer vision with business needs
- A tactical problem-solver, ready to get in the weeds when necessary
- “User First” product management approach and results oriented personality who has the pulse of digital user behavior
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities. Uses data to drive decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks and move into uncharted territory
- 5+ years' experience in product management in a digital environment with roadmap and KPI ownership
- Experience conceiving of and building products that build loyalty and drive engagement
- Web, mobile/native app industry, and emerging platform domain experience
- Previous experience working with CRM, eCommerce, and payment solutions
- Superior written and spoken communication skills
- Technical understanding of web sites, apps, payment systems and data systems
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Strong user experience sensibilities
- Strong experience with Agile methodologies and iterative development
- Ability to speak fluently with stakeholders, partners, designers, and engineers
- Experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking, Lean Product a plus
This is a full-time role which includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal, sick time and parental leave.