g place to hone your craft. We aren't trying to convince people to want some cool new app – we are trying to help them feel more comfortable with something they absolutely have to buy. We are always asking ourselves where we might be losing, confusing, or distressing our customers, and what we can do to fix that. It's a fun and absorbing challenge.
Our company has revolutionized the distribution of health insurance in this country and we've only just begun. You could be one of us if you…
- Have a passion for eCommerce and a great customer experience
- Have exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Have experience gathering, analyzing, and maintaining applicable data to inform and drive your decision making
- Have a proven track record for delivering successful projects to market on-time and on-budget
- Have a proven track record for effectively managing a team of high-achievers
- Want to make a difference in a marketplace that is the focus of the nation's attention
You won't be alone on the Product team. We have decades of experience on the team and have pulled teammates together from a range of leading companies such as Amazon, Apple, Disney, IAC, Hallmark, Macy's, Walgreens, Jawbone, and more. We have your back.
We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in San Francisco and Santa Clara, California, and have a culture that:
- demands authentic empathy for our customers
- is excited by the business mission of the company
- runs on collaboration with other disciplines
- requires you to come up with ideas on your own
- has strong and opinionated leadership pushing the department to evolve
- supports PMs in having long and passionate careers
- recognizes the need to have a balanced life that includes family, friends, health and wellness
- demands authenticity
- seeks to humanize technology in a most challenging product category
What You Will Be Doing
- Contribute to products that will include a range of Medicare related plans
- Develop, prioritize, and manage product backlogs and stakeholder requests
- Pitch product ideas to cross-functional groups
- Write product specs and user stories
- "Own" your work and be a leader at the company
- Work with marketers, designers, engineers, and other key teammates to make great products that matter to real people.
- 8+ years of product management experience, or product management experience combined with climbing through a related discipline (e.g., engineering or design)
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and ability to manage toward a vision while dealing with complex, shifting requirements
- Experience delivering complex products via Agile / Scrum development processes
- Experience developing strategies around website conversion optimization
- Demonstrated work with mobile customer experiences
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Facility with web analytics tools and a crisp understanding of relevant performance data
- Bachelor's degree or better Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, Communications, or other related field. If you've got proven, great experience but no relevant degree – apply anyway. We love smart, creative people with different backgrounds.
- Experience as a hands-on software developer or product designer in consumer Internet /eCommerce business
- A background in healthcare, financial services, health insurance, or other field where eCommerce transactions carry big implications for the buyer.