The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for ideating, positioning, pricing, packaging, and defining features for existing and new products at LegalZoom. The right candidate will be customer-focused, strategic and analytical, full of creativity, and has worked in the role of Product Owner on an agile team. In your role, you will partner with a diverse cross-functional teams to lead, execute, monitor, and deliver results for various product management initiatives in a product line. Your success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
What you'll do:
- Be the voice of the customer across the organization. Lead product development lifecycle from ideation through launch including end-to-end customer experience.
- Work in an Agile development environment. Adjust requirements based on new data or strategy shifts. Influence UX designers on front-end experience specifications.
- Engage in cross-functional collaboration with Product Marketing, Sales, Production, Customer Care, and Technology to support customer lifecycle management activities including pilots, betas and full launches, customer experience optimization, and product optimization.
- Partner with Technology and Product Development teams to define and develop new product and subscriptions offerings.
- Partner with Inside Sales, Production, and Customer Care to ensure that the final product is delivered in line with consumer focused messaging, defined SLAs and NPS targets.
- Competitive analysis: drive competitive analyses in partnership with Product Marketing; lead the team in anticipating competitive moves, and responding to any competitive development in the marketplace.
- Partner with Product Marketing to create messaging and positioning that is compelling and differentiated; responsible for directing the development of key messaging documents for products that include buyer personas, product positioning, and price/packaging.
- Define business and customer experience metrics for tracking product performance in collaboration with analytics team.
- Work on an agile team in a co-located environment with some overseas development resources.
- 3-5 years product management experience or other relevant experience with proven capability to execute on product strategy, manage roadmaps, prioritize work, write user stories, and work with a cross-functional team to deliver great products.
- 3 or more years working on agile teams and participating in ceremonial meetings such as planning, grooming, stand-ups, retrospectives, etc. Experience in the role of Product Owner a plus.
- Track record of creating and executing on high-impact products with proven commercial success.
- Experience working on products with multiple sales channels, such as online ecommerce and phone sales.
- Strong grasp of online metrics, tracking performance of KPI's, and the ability to integrate analytics into your decision making.
- Knowledge and understanding related to the process of starting and running a small business along with the legal and financial needs of this market
- MBA preferred. Bachelor's degree (preferably in business, economics, or a related field) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to quickly establish credibility with key business partners in product management, sales, customer support, and development.
- Familiarity with management by objectives and/or OKRs as a way measure performance.
- Superior audience-centricity, relentless advocate for the customer across the organization.