As part of Payment and Product engineering organization, Global Payments and Finance Product team has primary responsibilities of defining requirements for new product launches to enable money movement in controlled manner across payment platform to ensure accurate financial accounting and reporting. This team is responsible for payment data governance and financial processes across the core payment and product platform and focuses on settlement, clearing, and financial aspects of payment infrastructure. This specific role will own the responsibility for our Credit (Buyer, Merchant, and Delayed Settlement) and Marketplaces platforms however should have the ability to learn and adapt to new product flows as well as manage a team of business analyst and/or product managers as future expansion.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product management, accounting operations, engineering, and external financial institutions to seamlessly integrate all new payment products into backend accounting and reconciliation processes and systems.
- Solid payments processing knowledge including chargeback flows and end to end understanding of payment processing data flow in downstream financial systems.
- Manage each launch through the entire product development lifecycle including discovery, prioritization, design, development, user acceptance testing, pilot testing, and product ramp up.
- Identify and propose enhancements to sub-optimal and manual processes using principals of Operational Excellence.
- Work closely with accounting operations, payment platform teams, and external partners to analyze and resolve production issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate product roadmap, project status, and issues to accounting operations, executive management, and other stakeholders as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS/BA or higher degree, preferably in computer science or engineering. MBA desired.
- 8 - 10 years of relevant product management experience including experience in payments, banking, credit union, or other financial systems, preferably knowledgeable with accounting and systems integration of such systems.
- Business or systems analyst experience in order to demonstrate the ability to perform data analysis and research within data files and other data sources.
- Understanding of basic accounting and financial reconciliation including comfort with multi-currency environment is a strong plus.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
- Experience with back end integration, database concept, Finance Sub ledger and ERP system knowledge is a plus.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves, research and comprehend data files for inconsistencies, and errors when researching system issues.
- Team-oriented approach - can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
Strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently, but also knows how to have fun while doing it!
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.