The Senior Product Manager, F5 as a Service – Platform - is a services owner for F5’s F5 as a Service, which includes Cloud-Based DDoS, DNS, Web Application Firewall and core platform.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for defining the strategy for the Web Application Protection services, collaborating on roadmap evolution for next 3-5 years, ensuring product delivery to address customer needs, and manage F5's role in industry initiatives. This is a customer-focused and vendor-facing role requiring travel to represent the product and roadmap along with Sales and Business Development teams. Travel is also needed to evangelize the solution at key industry and partner engagements. You will be part of the Product Management team in San Jose, CA working with F5's global product development, sales, business development and marketing teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS degreerequired, MBA highly desired.
- 5+ years of experience in product management.
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional software projects.
- 5+ years of experience developing software and working with application lifecycle management tools.
- 3+ years of experience creating developer-focused products, such as SDKs, tools, or platforms.
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, or enterprise-level products.
- An understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Strong experience in identifying and implementing UX/UI best practices
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, organize and champion key initiatives and projects for product development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate complex ideas simply.
- Flexible, self-motivated, team player.
- Solid leadership, excellent inter-personal skills and negotiation & persuasion skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently and/or as part of team.
- Basic comprehension of common platform technologies, such as ElasticSearch, Cassandra, AWS S3.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, such as Scrum
- Drives competitive assessment with a goal to lead with innovation and offering a superior solution to F5 customers and prospects.
- Conducts thorough competitive research and produces a clear competitive landscape picture with plan of action for influencing strategic product planning.
- Develops and delivers compelling product positioning with clear competitive differentiation and ROI delivered to the customers.
- Possesses experience in steadily growing the market segment share within the highly competitive Access environment
- Proactively communicates and delivers new product vision to senior leadership within F5, and influences leaders at the senior levels.
- Possesses superior P&L understanding of the products and drives strategic product initiatives across the company to grow revenue, adoption and increase margins.
- Outstanding ability to analyze data, spot trends, and presents it clearly with a plan of action.
- Regularly asked to speak as a lead in larger forum
- Provides strong initiative and drive that influences the broader organization.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).