We are looking for a Sr Product Manager to join the marketing team for the world’s leading travel company. Your work will impact millions of our customers. The focus of your job will be developing products that amplify the impact of marketing across various aspects of highly complex global marketing campaigns. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars a year participating in highly dynamic and visionary auctions in travel Metasearch (TripAdvisor, Kayak, Trivago) and SEM (Google, Bing, Yahoo) as well as social media (Facebook). Each of these marketing channels center around a rich central data science problem from deriving value from sparse data to auction theory and game theory all with the ability to layer in and action on user segmentation and behavioral data. Your real passion for creating products that increase marketing effectiveness from anomaly detection platform to customer lifecycle targeting platform has the power to unlock tangible growth for our business. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about developing marketing infrastructure products to improve effectiveness of a marketing function which runs on products, algorithms and engineering.
- Develop technology solutions/products that enable marketing solutions to scale
- Work closely with data science, engineering and leadership to define roadmap and strategy for these new products
- Build out next generation cloud platform and drive interesting new cloud services
- Develop product requirements documents to communicate product features and decisions clearly to all partners
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team to align system design decisions to drive technical product goals
- Partner with engineering to identify and handle platform and tool dependencies
- Communicate program status, metrics, and goals regularly and clearly with internal partners and leadership teams
- Bachelor’s degree required, in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics
- 5+ years of engineering development experience and 3+ years of technical product or program management in a technology organization (preferably ecommerce)
- Direct experience in travel, online marketing, e-commerce, or equivalent role with an analytical bent
- Experience in analytics, statistical modeling and API
- High degree of competency with project management including: project planning, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and breakthroughs, and communication of overall project status.
- Confirmed ability to work cross functionally to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- Strong quantitative, analytical and analytical skills, combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable writing and working with complex queries in SQL/Hadoop or S3 (Qubole)