Manage overall profitability and growth of automobile programs for assigned states/regions. Adapt the standard product design to conform with the state(s) requirements, market conditions, define eligibility and underwriting rules, collaborate in the process of setting adequate rates, and collaborate in the establishment of a retention strategy. Manage mission critical products in states with the most complex laws and regulations.
- Develop state(s) profit and growth strategies including product positioning and marketing approach.
- Make rate and trend selections to meet profitability goals. Coordinate the rate revision schedule with appropriate departments.
- Communicate with senior management and other business groups on the performance and strategic plans for assigned state(s).
- Make fact-based strategic decisions based upon knowledge of the market, which includes competitors, regulatory and legal environment, claims handling trend, and distribution channel/agent relationships.
- Respond to the department of insurance for rate filings and market conduct examinations and serves as a consultant on consumer complaints and other interactions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with state regulators by attending regulatory meetings (i.e. IRES, and SERA), through daily phone contacts, insurance department visits and participation in industry group meetings.
- Participate in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals; manage, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the activities of department staff directly or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for the assisting in the development of associates into future product managers.
- Recognize opportunities to apply solutions to developed in assigned states to enhance company wide performance.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written) with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to identify key levers and priorities.
- Ability to balance quantitative analysis with competitor behaviors within the marketplace.
- Thorough understanding of competitors and alternative markets within each environment.
- Ability to set/change tactics as a response to business priorities and/or market influences.
- Ability to articulate financial results and impact of tactics/strategy to senior management.
- Ability to take the initiative in fast paced work environment and be able to interface with all functions at all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Excellent leadership, coaching, project management and mentoring skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals through influence management and motivation; able to collaborate with various departments and company members.
- Line of business expert with ability to develop underwriting, production, and pricing strategies.
- Thorough understanding of the ratemaking process and demonstrated ability to analyze, recommend and support a rate level with internal management and state regulators.
- Ability to design and deliver technical training programs to support staff.
- Ability to operate PC based software and/or automated database systems required.
Experience / Education:
- Master's degree or Actuarial accreditation (FCAS/ACAS) preferred, Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, a related field or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of five years of product management experience within the property and casualty insurance industry to including two or more years in a supervisory or lead role.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of personal lines of insurance, products and features, competition and competitive market conditions.
- ID 34653