Job ID: 15105BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Innovation is at the core of everything we do. We continue to ask ourselves, “what’s next?” as we navigate the ever-changing insurance landscape. Continuing our journey toward the cutting-edge, we are looking for a forward-thinking individual that thrives in ambiguity, who believes that with every challenge comes a new opportunity for solutions. Leading emerging technology capabilities that are fueled by the innovation ecosystem and deliver business impact across the enterprise.
Success in this role requires significant cross-Travelers collaboration and understanding of Travelers business model to unite thecommunity around the Strategy and Roadmap to bring that Vision to life. This role will have accountability to bridge theanalytic and business communities and key IT relationships to develop and deliver the emerging technology roadmap as well as support the evolving portfolio of emerging technology Capabilities. This role will also lead the enterprise in delivering and evangelizing the emerging technology roadmap and will have accountability to advance the evolving portfolio of emerging technology capabilities.
We are seeking an Emerging Technology product manager that possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity, and global mindset. Anevangelist with a passion for championing solutions that deliver customer value and drive the business forward. You will developproduct strategy, partnerships across the enterprise extending into the innovation eco-system. This role will have a passion foridentifing business opportunities driven by emerging technologies for enterprise-wide success. You will have accountability tocreate, socialize and gain adoption of accelerators to scale in our innovation objectives underpin by emerging technology capabilities.This job works under General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed. (Typically applies to a manager or expert/top level professional.)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively lead and support the emerging technology capability leaders to engage the analytic, business, and IT communities to develop and deliver strategic products.
- Support the ongoing development of the roadmap and detail execution plans to achieve the vision through multi-generational releases.
- Act as a thought leader and voice of the customer who defines capabilities and leverages internal and external emerging technology knowledge to provide innovative solutions.
- Condense the vision into detailed capabilities, complete a gap analysis, and document use cases and requirements in support of the vision.
- Inspire and collaborate with cross functional teams to drive product vision and adoption.
- Communicate and influence key stakeholders to ensure organizational ‘buy-in’ to vision and strategy.
- Create business cases and strategies that utilize Artificial Intelligence or emerging technology while consulting with a broad and diverse set of stakeholders to ensure a successful, high quality, and timely execution.
- Responsibility for influence and collaborate with leaders to create lasting and credible partner relationships.
- Responsible for end to end product ownership, development, integration, customer experience, return on investment and benefit realization. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Three years of consulting, business analysis, business case development, or equivalent experience required. Familiarity with Emerging Technology including but not limited to: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, Virtual Assistant, Data Modeling and/or Deep Learning required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, mathematics, finance, statistics, or equivalent preferred.
- Eight years of analytics experience preferred.
- Eight years of consulting, business analysis, or business case development experience preferred.
- A strong understanding and practice experience in working with cloud based API services preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Able to deliver business results and manage products from inception to adoption.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and demonstrated thought leadership in the emerging technology and advancedanalytics space.
- Exceptional influencer and/or consulting skills; able to build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to tailor communication style to theaudience.
- Forward thinker with the ability to work in a fast paced, in a continuous evolving and ambiguous environment.
Travel – Occasionally This role may require travel up to 25% of the time.
Operates standard office equipment – Continuously Sitting (Can stand at will) – Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key – Continuously
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.