The Sr. Product Manager, EDT, is primarily focused on identifying and creating strategies to meet mining customer’s current and emerging product needs, with a particular emphasis on integrating current and emerging technologies that can be integrated into truck designs to ensure DANTOTSU product offerings that have high customer value and positions Komatsu as the product of choice as measured through dominant market share. While also actively involved in EDT marketing efforts and marketing strategy development in general, the incumbent will act as the lead person in efforts to integrate engineering designs that are leading-edge in the mining industry and are responsive to specific customer needs.
1. Working with distributors and directly with customers, identify the production obstacles and needs of our large international mining conglomerate customers to identify potential solutions that can be addressed via product design that will allow those customers to be safer, more productive and more cost-efficient.
2. Act as marketing liaison with Komatsu Engineering to identify new technologies and integration of those technologies to respond to identified customer needs.
3. Create product development plans in conjunction with Engineering to implement design enhancements, and monitor and communicate progress to Senior Management, Distributors and customers.
4. With the Director of Product Marketing and Planning, create and implement marketing plans for all EDT products to achieve market share targets.
5. Develop programs to achieve sales, parts and product support plans to designated accounts, and actively assist Distribution to generate sales from identified accounts.
6. Provides competitive information regarding market share, bid awards and status, and suggests ways to make Komatsu products more attractive for purchase.
7. Coordinates group activities to close sales and provide appropriate after sales support and maintains communications with customers regarding delivery expectations for equipment and parts.
8. Enforces company policies to sustain maximum operating efficiency including safety, environmental and quality policies.
9. Performs other duties and projects as assigned Qualifications: 1. A Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters in Business Administration is preferred.
2. 8-10 years of experience gained in the construction and mining industry, as it relates to the types of industrial equipment used in the industry.
3. Broad knowledge of the mining business on a global basis, in particular knowledge of applications engineering as it relates to mining is preferred in order to act as a consultant to customers on the proper types, sizes and amount of equipment needed for the particular mining application.
4. Firm grasp of industry practices in connection with market trends, new products and services.
5. Understanding of the complete sales cycle along with the required sales skills, product knowledge and positive attitude in order to be successful in a sales situation