This is an opportunity that puts you at the forefront of the automotive revolution in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. These ADAS driver and occupancy monitoring systems integrate the latest advances in machine learning and computer vision algorithms.
As our lead Product Manager for this segment, you will define and bring to market Xperi's DSM / OSM product offerings. This opportunity demands a unique blend of business and technical savvy, and the drive to make vision a reality.
You will bridge the gap between the market needs and technical capabilities, clarifying what should be done and why. You will be the catalyst between R&D and engineering, business development and sales, and will channel their energy to monetize our solutions and identify new growth areas.
You will collaborate with OEMs and Tier1s and Xperi's R&D team to develop the our in-cabin monitoring roadmap, product collateral, and feature/enhancement plans. You will work with Xperi's global automotive sales force to support the selling-in of the company's product line to Tier1 and OEM car customers.
This position requires a versatile and driven individual with a technical automotive ADAS background, understanding of computer vision, business acumen, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will develop and manage the business and marketing relationships with ecosystem partner companies including camera vendors, camera sensors, camera lenses, board design, and software companies.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable dealing with senior executives as well as tactical level people. The position will require travel across the USA, Europe and Asia.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Functions as product leader from concept to launch
- Gathers, manages, and prioritizes market/customer requirements
- Research the competitive environment and develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Develops product kits, including product briefs and data sheets
- Builds business case for new opportunities and products
- In conjunction with the sales team, helps define product positioning, price and go to market strategy
- Writes proposals and quotations for RFQs, RFIs and, drive pre-sales technical efforts and pilot projects received from customers
- Collaborates with engineering to define product development objectives within budget and schedule
- Works with engineering and marketing to launch and promote company's DMS products
- Works with the global sales team to support the sell-in of the company's DMS / OSM solutions
- Works with engineering to prepare and conduct product training for the sales force
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 5 years of cumulative experience in roles driving innovation, product and business planning, software development, technical marketing, product marketing and business development within the ADAS / Automotive industry, including at least 3 years of product management or program management experience
- Proven experience in gathering, analyzing and prioritizing market opportunity and relevant requirements to differentiate in market
- Automotive Safety know-how
- DMS, OMS and/or Computer Vision product knowledge, ideally with a good understanding of camera subsystems (sensors, camera modules, lens, ISP processing technology and full system optimizations)
- Ability to grasp / explain and use engineering concepts
- Strong business analysis, problem solving and strategy development skills
- Experience in dealing effectively with customers at senior and technical levels
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with peers, cross-functional stakeholders and leadership across a large organization
This role can be located in one of several of our offices globally, including but not limited to: Michigan, New Jersey, and Maryland.