Define, lead and deliver the strategy for commercializing IDEXX’s leading portfolio of veterinary software integration services into two strategic customer segments: Partners (i.e., third-party application developers) and Corporate Groups. Portfolioresponsibilities include standing up a new business model based on the recently acquired DataPoint. Responsibilities also include enabling product and business model innovations to existing software applications – such as Cornerstone and Petly Plans – that serve large, multi-location groups.
This leader will be responsible for building and managing a team of product managers, marketers and analysts to develop the strategy and drive execution of market segmentation, business model definition, product delivery, and commercial goal achievement. Key matrix partnerships supporting these objectives include engineering, marketing, sales, and customer experience. As a senior member of the IDEXX Veterinary Software and Services team, reporting to the VP/GM of Veterinary Software and Services, this person will join a vibrant and committed group of entrepreneurial leaders driving advancements in pet health technology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish strategy for serving the Corporate Group and Partner segments. Identify customer needs and resulting requirements for business model and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with general management and finance leadership to define, establish and achieve all financial and other objectives for the product lines.
- Manage product marketing, including pricing, packaging, positioning, partnerships, and competitive analysis. Collaborate with engineering, commercial marketing, operations, sales, finance and drive integration of all activities to achieve goals.
- Work with commercial marketing and the customer facing organization to optimize the business model and go-to-market approach.
- Implement growth strategy through product enhancements, extensions, and product partnerships.
- Lead, coach and motivate direct reports and indirect partners to achieve success as one team.
- Manage multi-million dollar product management budget to achieve targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or relevant technical discipline.
- Advanced degreepreferred.
- 10 years of progressive leadership and commercial product management experience.
- Requiredexperience: Platform business model development, software-as-a-service product management, business/partner development.