At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve.
Lead and execute consumer access strategies for the continuous and blood glucose monitoring portfolio. Addressing patient affordability and access is a critical need in the evolving managed care landscape. You will work with the trade, market access, consumer and the healthcare professional sales and marketing teams to support the growth of on-market and new products while building awareness of access programs. As a member of the consumer access team, you will provide in-depth analyses to create effective pricing strategies to optimize for profitability and be a team player with strong leadership and project management capabilities.
Your main accountabilities and responsibilities are:
- Lead the development of patient access and affordability programs for continuous glucose monitoring systems
- Aid in the development and implementation of long-term strategies to improve patient access and adherence and optimizes pricing to meet business and brand goals
- Develop and manage key partnerships and relationships both externally and internally to ensure an optimal outcome for ADC products
- Manage efficient and timely delivery of consumer access deliverables (price-value models, access messaging)
- Provide sales and customer support for glucose monitoring products, programs and tactics
- Work with agencies to create affordability campaigns for patients
- Compare prices set by competitors and measure customer satisfaction and adoption based on price
- Coordinate sales, public relations, advertising and marketing personnel to build pricing models and understand the impact of pricing on profit margins
- Understanding contract negotiations as well as proposal development
Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years’ experience, with at least two years’ experience in marketing or product management, or an MBA with 3 years of related experience. Previous experience in IVD, Medical Devices or a related health care industry is preferred. A solid understanding of the commercial device market with pharmacy channelexperience is a plus. Backgrounds in pricing, reimbursement, payer strategy, health economic, strategic marketing, strategic planning, business development and finance are desired but not required.
Furthermore the following skills and experience are critical for success:
- An understanding of the U.S. healthcare, regulatory and pricing environment
- Working knowledge of pharmacy, OTC or MO/DMEchannels for fulfillment
- Proven ability to work and communicate across a matrix organization and ability to lead projects and getting alignment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficient in English
- Understanding of finance and accounting principles
- Possess strong analytical skills, business and financial acumen, and capable of effective use of market research, forecasts and business analytics
- Demonstrate strong customer orientation/focus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.