Sr. Product Manager
Shape your future
The mission of the Senior Product Manager is to lead in the development path for new and existing Hall Surgical Powered Instrument products in accordance to thefinancial and strategic goals established by ConMed Orthopaedics. A Senior Product Manager must provide a leadership role in design team meetings to ensure marketable new products and beresponsible for product justification and setting design criteria for new endoscopy products. Additionally a Senior Product Manager must understand and execute all released procedures for product development projects for both line extensions and/or new product segments.CONMED is a leader in medicaltechnology. We empowerhealthcare providers worldwide to deliver exceptional outcomes for patients. If you are committed to making a difference and delivering exceptional results, you'll find a group of people here thatshares your passion for meaningful work. You'll be supported by a leadership team that promotes engagement through professional development, new challenges and growth opportunities over the course of your career. Come inspire us through your dedication, creativity and exceptional performance - we'll do the same for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies new and emerging technologies and creates business plans for
incorporating new and emerging technologies
2. Advertising, sales training tools, company and customer service programs,
customer information, promotions, product release documents, and competitive
intelligence that positively affect the financial well being of existing and
new products. Responsible for market release documents, video and audio training aids.
3. Manage new product development from conception to market launch.
4. Create revenue-generating programs producing a simple means for customers to
purchase products and for the company to administer efficiently.
5. Ongoing support for product responsibilities, which include, post launch
analysis and continued product improvements and product discontinuation programs.
6. Attend major conventions to meet with customers (reps & surgeons); attend
training lectures and react to any significant trends on emerging new technologies.
7. Regularly meets with surgeons involved in new product development projects.
He/She will foster these good relationships and will seek new relationships
with key surgeons.
8. Responsible for setting and managing forecast, pricing and sample budgets in
conformance with the budgetary guidelines established annually.
9. Utilizes the sales force to extract competitive activity, extract new
product opportunities, and identify new markets and trends, implements value
testing trials with key customers and follow-up on sales questions on a
10. Position does require that the Senior Product Manager be able to travel to
customer sites to perform training, troubleshooting or assist in evaluation of
the imaging equipment.
11. Practice all of the guiding principles to total quality management as it
relates to his/her product line. This position is responsible for ensuring
compliance with GMP and ISO requirements as well as any other regulatory
requirement that may apply.
Leave your footprint
- 7+ years of relevant experience to include at least 2 years product management experience and/or 3 years experience in the medical device industry
- Bachelors degreerequired, preferably in marketing or business; MBA preferred.
- Technical Knowledge
- Basic analytical skills addressing financial analysis.
- Good negotiation skills and a professional tact when unpopular decisions are required.
- Product Knowledge: Understanding of electro/mechanical capital products in a medical environment.