This role is to part of a new team working to centrally manage the majority of our supplier relationships across all product categories. With several hundred thousand active suppliers providing hundreds of millions of unique products, Amazon presents real world opportunities to solve problems at a scale found nowhere else. How do you manage a supplier base of several hundred thousand partners and enable them to grow their business on Amazon using automated tools? How do you tailor coaching and individually prioritize supplier efforts across such a large base? These are the types of problems we want you to help us solve.
In this role you will be responsible for the conception, scoping and definition of strategic supplier initiatives for our retail business - including the launch of a new program requiring the management of both business and tech. Responsibilities include supplier engagement and performance analysis, developing a strategic direction for growing supplier businesses, development and prioritization a product roadmap, producing and executing product and operating plans and developing innovative experiences for suppliers. You will lead and coordinate efforts between cross functional teams to develop best in class products and optimal solutions and be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize supplier experience against time-to-market. You will clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal stakeholders, partner teams and executive stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have the ability and proven prior success in thinking big and exploring multiple strategic initiatives that further business goals. They will be able to dive deep into available supplier and engagement data to back up their assumptions and build a robust business model to justify the opportunity. He or she will not sacrifice long term growth in favor of delivering short term benefits, and look to design a cohesive strategic roadmap that directly aligns with and furthers business goals over the long term. He or she will require strong ‘backbone’ and the ability to communicate and persuade key internal and external stakeholders, make tough decisions and hold to them. The role requires the ability to prioritize features and business requirements based on data and bridge business needs with tech feasibility and communicate with executive leadership.
If you enjoy an entrepreneurial environment, are driven by strong desire to solve for ambiguity or multiple competing priorities, and are also not only able to develop and drive high-levelstrategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done – We would love to talk to you!
· 3+ years of relevant experience in product management, marketing or retail strategy
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or similar field with analytical bias
· Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Superior verbal and written communications skills, and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
· MBA preferred
· Shipped new products and led the definition and implementation of a product roadmap for a consumer service or product
· Familiarity with P&Ls, preferably in e-commerce
Job ID: 624127