Sunrun is looking for exceptionally skilled and motivated Senior Product Managers to manage the rollout of Sunrun’s next generation of batteries, power conversion hardware, EV chargers, and home energy management and control devices. You will work with the team to identify, specify, design and test products to ensure they are cost-effective, high quality, and delight our customers. This is a very multi-faceted role that will help you quickly understand the residential energy space and be at the forefront of the business and product offerings in the US.
Furthermore, we will encourage you to bring your whole self, your experience, and unique point of view in solving some of the most interesting issues of our time.
- Identify and evaluate the next generation of batteries, inverters, EV chargers, home energy management and control devices and other hardware for use by Sunrun to address business and market needs.
- Collaborate with various internal partners and external vendors to meet design and program needs.
- Collaborate with internal teams to continually assess and update the product / offering roadmap.
- Scout for new technologies.
- Engage in collaborative design of new technologies as necessary, knowing when and why to recommend “build” vs “buy” including use cases supported by financial modeling.
- Test new hardware in collaboration with labs and field teams, and drive ongoing quality and performance review of deployed devices, making recommendations and creating remedial plans when necessary.
- Own product management of a subset of residential solar, storage, and energy management device offering.
- Understanding how design impacts downstream sales and technical support and installation teams.
- Manage relationships with OEM/hardware manufactures and system integrators.
- Coordinate activities with other departments such as sales, operations, and procurement.
- Develop business use cases to articulate return on investments that can have enterprise impacts.
- Advise and support Grid Services group as needed, for use of home assets as virtual power plants.
- Aligned with Sunrun’s mission to Create a Planet Run by the Sun.
- BS or higher degree in electrical engineering or similar.
- Ideally, 4-6 years of experience in product management of residential energy storage systems and/or inverters and energy management hardware. Equivalent experience in EV storage, charging hardware, or commercial scale storage or inverters is also acceptable. More junior and more senior roles can be recruited from this posting, based on the candidate's experience.
- Deep understanding of mechanical design, energy product firmware, safety and reliability testing, engineering review and financing protocols.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to articulate business implications.
- High EQ, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with colleagues at all levels and areas of expertise.
- Ability to reduce and simplify complex concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Creative, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and meaningful environment.