Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
As a Senior Product Manager at Roku you have in-depth knowledge of the rapidly evolving ecosystem of data and identity in advertising. You have strong opinions on how the ecosystem will change and what the winners will need to succeed. You communicate your ideas with facts, passion, and reason.
You will be a key contributor to the team that establishes and executes the data and identity strategy across Roku’s advertising products, including new feature development, product commercialization, competitive analysis, vendor evaluations, and strategic planning. You will have an impact on overall company strategy through regular communication with product leadership. You will be building and supporting data products for an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving and you want to be one of the thought leaders driving that change.
As a product manager you are comfortable leading and following depending on the situation. In this role you will need to
- Enable data to play an instrumental role in ad campaign planning, execution, optimization and analytics
- Weigh and justify product development priorities between short-term needs and long-term strategy
- Drive decisions and build consensus around trade-offs and prioritization in a data driven manner throughout the product development process
- Own the product backlog for projects including defining and executing a flow of product enhancements and operational improvements designed to increase revenue and improve efficiency
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish goals and develop KPIs that will clearly indicate the progress towards those goals for the rest of the business
- Decode the market and synthesize requirements from multiple constituencies to create clear strategy guides and feature guides.
- Utilize your expertise in data and identity to develop cutting-edge, scalable, best-in-class solutions for our rapidly expanding business
- Create and groom stories and epics, working with UX designers, managing development backlogs, and communicating progress against the roadmap
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with:
- Engineering leaders to clarify scope and sequencing of product development
- Product Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer and collect their feedback on market demands
- Partnerships on key integrations for data and identity products
- Data Operations to define process and product requirements
- Customers and partners to understand product needs and use cases
- Be comfortable working with teams distributed across San Jose, New York and Boston
- Deep understanding of online and offline data collection for advertising, data onboarding, and data models
- Knowledge of graph technologies and databases is a plus
- Ability to articulate the vision of the product to internal and external stakeholders and work towards a buy-in of that shared vision within the org
- Prior demonstrable experience working run scrum teams and sprint planning as a product owner
- 5+ years of experience in relevant product management positions and environments
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, DMP or CDP, with demonstrated ability to manage the complexities inherent with cross-device products and solutions
- Familiarity with privacy regulations in the US and EU
- You must be able to demonstrate successful completion of multiple product cycles, from conception to in-market.
- You need to be able to speak to product strategies and roadmaps that you have owned and built.
- Experience in a start-up environment or you can demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach in your roles and an understanding of working in a low-resource environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are creative when appropriate, but analytic in execution. You are relentlessly focused on delivery and understand the value of getting MVPs and products out the door so we can learn and modify as we go along.
- You don’t allow obstacles to deflect or deter you; you are a master of prioritization of your own time and the team’s time
- Willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so again) for in person meetings in San Jose, Boston and New York.