The Senior Product Manager is the core marketing owner and driver of the success for their designated products. This is a general management role that requires Marketing strategy development and oversight while contributing to and influencing all facets of Sales and Marketing within the division including: Financial, Product Management and Marketing Plan Development, Creation of Marketing Strategy, Execution of Tactics, Training, Pricing, Materials Management, Business Development, and New Product Development and Introduction.
The Senior Product Manager shall maintain worldwide product expertise including branding, market share, customer needs and targeting, product performance/benefits/weaknesses / positioning.
The Senior Product Manager (SPM) shall provide on-going support of new product development including customer requirements definition, product concept validation, financial analysis, and securing Business Unit commitment through market launch.
Success will be measured against sales and margin expectations, understanding of market and customers, competency/knowledge level and market image.
The SPM is responsible for leading the tactical implementation of activities that will lead to a customer-centric and goal achievement culture. This includes:
- Developing preliminary worldwide marketing plans and launch strategies
- Creating and developing strategies for new product commercialization.
- Supporting launch readiness by developing product inventory timing, marketing programs, and working with communications to develop promotional collateral.
- Taking a leadership role on project teams to work closely with the project manager to drive accountability and team achievement of goals and milestones.
- Managing creative agencies to plan, develop, and execute new materials.
- Partnering with regulatory colleagues in the review and negotiation of materials to ensure competitiveness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Working closely with New Product project teams and particularly Decision Resource Group to develop detailed forecasting models that align with LRP expectations and are integrated across product lines.
- Creating forecasts will support corporate annual R&D development program funding requests.
- Developing PLAN & Update forecasts and justification for respective product lines worldwide and present to BU senior management.
- Working with clinical team to develop and drive strategic publication initiatives supporting new product launches.
The Senior Product Manager will have primary marketing and budget responsibility for designated products.
In this core Marketing role, the SPM will drive and be held accountable to deliver Sales, Margin, and PEx goals for designated products.
The Senior Product Manager will be expected to be responsive and able to directly address questions and requests of senior management.
Bachelordegree in business, life sciences, engineering or related technical discipline. MBA or Masters in applicable technical discipline is desired.
Diagnostics or Healthcare Experience (required) - 6 years, Marketing Experience (required) - 4 years
- Leadership experience
- Product launch experience
- Scientific or technical experience
- Project management experience
- International/Global exposure
In addition, the successful candidate will have additional focus on the following:
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation/communication skills
- Deep understanding of the complexities of the diagnostics market and customer needs
- Ability to develop, rationalize and present strategy
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with knowledge of financial models
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation and resourcefulness