Product management associates bring new products to market and maintain current products by successfully:
- Owning specific Alarm.comproduct lines
- Driving the entire product development life cycle - Writing specifications for the engineering team, testing new products and features, managing beta programs, developing product marketing materials and technical documentation and supporting existing products.
- Championing the go-to market strategy and launches for new products – facilitating product release with engineering, sales, supply chain etc., educating internal and external stakeholders and developing/delivering product presentations.
- Conducting market research – Gather feedback from customers and analyze product landscape.
- Measuring and ensuring that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met by working closely with all areas of the company, including the engineering, support, sales, and marketing teams.
- Working withengineering, support, sales and high profile partners to troubleshoot and resolve escalated product issues
- Recommending and championing improvements to existing product lines with collaboration from internal and external stakeholders
- Acting as the product expert and liaison to internal parties as well as external dealers and partners
- 2-3years of workexperience in technology, product management, project management, or related fields
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. from a competitive school with strong academic performance
- Highly motivated, resourceful, self starter with ability to deliver results
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a small, fast-paced environment
- Passion for consumer technology and interest in developing a deep technical understanding of Alarm.com and partner products
- Willingness to assist in variety of product related tasks (logistical, testing, troubleshooting, planning)
- Ability to act as customer advocate in dynamic group environment while considering team’s overall priorities and goals
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of business, economics and/or finance
- Work Authorization: U.S. Citizens & Permanent Residents
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: User Interface design, web/mobile development, computer programming, computer networking, IP video recording, cellular/wireless technology, home security systems, residential HVAC systems, smart grid technology, home automation.
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to contribute substantially in a matter of weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies, including short- and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places a high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.