As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
We are looking for a driven, creative, and resourceful professional to join the Liquid Handling Business Operations team. As a Senior Product Line Manager (sPLM), you will lead the Global Handheld Tip and Microcentrifuge Tube Business. You will be responsible for strategic planning and execution, developing new product roadmaps and optimizing product specifications, design promotion programs and track effectiveness, product pricing and cost reduction activities, forecasting, financial performance tracking and business modeling. We look for you to have a thorough understanding of the sales process from initial customer contact through successful use of Corning liquid handling products, facilitate communication between the sales team and customers, and provide customer support for raised issues.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Drive top line sales growth and manage S&A spending in order to achieve Sales, AGM and COM metrics.
- Maintain effective, regular communications with global sales and marketing groups.
- Meet regularly with Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Forecasting Departments.
- Regular tracking of product line performance according to key metrics.
- Develop marketing content and collateral.
- Manage forecast information for products under supervision.
- Monitor out-of-stock situations and communicate corrective actions with manufacturing and the business team.
- Serve as the intermediary for key suppliers in dealing with day to day operations.
- Support Special Projects and Task, as defined by the Liquid Handling Business Director, in support of Business Initiatives.
- Develop and execute annual global commercial plans designed to achieve annual product line objectives, including pricing strategy and promotional growth initiatives.
- Assist in the development of sales tools and training programs for the CLS sales organization and channel partners.
- Meet with customers in order to facilitate voice of customer feedback regarding product changes/upgrades and new products.
- Work with key dealers to develop marketing programs and gain support on growing sales.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products, market perception, and market direction.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard business hours; Monday – Friday.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Degree in STEM or Life Sciences and/or MBA preferred.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum of 8+ years of business experience including product management, marketing, and/or sales.
- Ideally prefer experience in a commercial role within the Life Science industry.
- Ability to think strategically and develop businesses.
- Strong business opportunity assessment and financial analysis skills.
- Acumen for finance and manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of marketing tools and techniques.
- Understanding of product development process; ability to drive new products projects as the commercial lead.
- Proficiency with PowerBI.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- Product development experience.
- Knowledge of market, products, technology, and customers.