IDT knows that talented employees are distinguished in all aspects of life. Our goal is to create an environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. In the fast-moving, ever-changing semiconductor market, the next big idea can go out of you and with IDT you have the possibility to implement it. We give you the tools, support and resources to put great ideas together into successful products.
To further strengthen our Team at our San Jose location we are looking for a Senior Product Engineer – Telecom Products
As a Product Engineer, the individual is expected to be primarily responsible for the Telecom product line within IDT OID group. The position requires active involvement from the early design stage throughout the entire product life cycle. The role will include handling of inquiries from customers, suppliers, design engineering, test engineering and production control. The products produced within the telecom product line are typically MCM, MCP, and custom packaged millimeter-wave modules operating from DC to 40 GHz.
In addition, in this role you will oversee day-to-day semiconductor assembly for the telecom product line and management of production yields for builds in the San Jose facility. Act as the liaison between in-house design engineering, internal and supplier based package design for new products. Manage assembly and packaging related product improvements and material changes.
- Establish production yield targets and monitor yield implementing technical improvements as required
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and make buying decisions through the development and New Product Introduction phase of production
- Generate product documentation and release into document control
- Monitor process control through SPC
- Supply yield feedback to wafer foundries and work with Product Quality for any foundry technical issues
- Review material discrepancies and provide disposition
- Investigate, implement, and execute engineering changes including generation of PCNs
- Establish and implement test requirements
- Perform test program audits
- Lead the transition of new products from design through NPI
Education and Experience:
- BS/MSdegree in electrical engineering with 5-10 years in millimeter-wave semiconductor devices and testing.
- Direct experience with design and manufacturing of millimeter-wave MCM modules operating from DC to 40 GHz is a must.
- Experience with optical modulator drivers operating at 200+ GB/s preferred.