PayPal Innovation Labs + Hardware team is chartered with the twin missions of innovation and influence. We partner with both internal and external experts to facilitate research that is strategically relevant to PayPal core products, and then advocate practical actions based on the results. Also, we are a “center of excellence” for PPHere Hardware and Supply Chain Operations. As a member of the Innovation Labs + Hardware team, you will have the opportunity to work with a great group of technologists and entertain your natural curiosity by driving inquiries across a broad technology spectrum -- everything from payments to social innovation. In this role, you will have responsibility for New Product Introduction, developing and implementing new product solutions and or with PayPal existing products. This role works closely with engineering, product design, operations, customer service, software and contract manufacturers. Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills are essential to succeed in this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with cross functional teams (Industrial Design, ME, EE, SW, QA), including supply chain to get new products from concept to alpha and beta
- Formulate strategy to ensure payments solutions developed are within scope of PP core product offerings
- Implement processes for regulatory, compliance and risk requirements are well captured in the product development process
- Develop a playbook for new product’s product review process and successful completions of product review
- Conduct alpha and beta testing for new products at both internal and external environments to PP
- Study, research and track all required hardware compliance requirements ( FCC, CE, Bluetooth) for all hardware products shipped to PayPal customers.
- Complete product UAT, integration tests and be the customer champion at all times
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with finance background
- 10+ years of experience in supporting core financial services or fintech products at a financial institution
- Working knowledge of financialrisk systems & practices, onboarding and KYC risks, statistics, and knowledge in data analysis with interpretations
- Lateral thinking and perseverance in achieving goals.
- Willingness to contribute ideas and learn from others on the team.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in building payments solutions, tools, and capabilities supporting millions.
- Work in cross functional team of system engineers, firmware engineers, industrial designers, software engineers
- Documentation for engineering validation, design validation, product review
- Ability to work in fast passed, technically dynamic environment
- Ability to travel: 15%
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.