We are currently seeking Development Engineers to join our dynamic team in our Troy, MI as part of the Vehicle Component Company.
The successful candidate will be working on infotainment products such as Radio, Telematics, Cluster, Wireless Charger, Rear Seat Infotainment system, and Displays.
What is in it for you?
- Become a part of LG's innovative technologies, unique products, and cutting-edge designs are an investment in the future.
- A high-tech work environment with an exciting, collaborative and highly impactful role that will work closely with cross-functional teams engineering teams.
- An environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value.
- At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill - and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board.
- Flexible work environment for all employees providing the freedom to balance work and personal life.
- Our objective is to provide our employees the tools necessary to live a balanced life, experience a rewarding work environment and contribute to our surrounding communities.
- LG Electronics is honored by a variety of awards and recognition as one of the most sustainable and responsible organization.
- We have been selected as an “Industry Leader” in Leisure Equipment & Products and Consumer Electronics of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and we ranked on the Davos World Economic Forum’s Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World.
Your Total Rewards Package will include:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes leading medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits with no-cost employee premiums to you and your eligible dependents in 2017. – Remaining among less than 6% of companies in the country to offer no-cost employee premiums.
- A competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and you’re immediately vested in the company matching contributions.
- Tuition Reimbursement effective Day 1 of Service
- Shutdown over the holidays and generous (PTO)
- Performance based Incentives
- Employee Product Discount and many of our Products
- Responsible for the layout o4r concept design before development
- This position involves working with internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction, managing and owning the product design for automotive products, and continuing to work on new product development.
- Support weekly meetings with customer to share the development status
- Major Issue tracking and coordination to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Be involved in various customers meeting to monitoring and track the open items.
- Be involved in mechanical issues and support engineering team to resolve issues quickly.
- Coordinate and attend various communication meetings with peers and customer or other suppliers.
- Support to get SOP approval.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Be the voice of the customer to the team in Korea
- An Undergraduatedegree in mechanicalEngineering or having similar knowledge base is required
- Knowledge of 3d modeling tools (eg. UGNX or CATIA V5)
- Understanding basic knowledge of GDNT
- Knowledge of OEM process and requirements and Automotive electronics
- At least 5 years experience at Automotive field as mechanical engineer or Project leade
- Automotive Multimedia and Telematics experience are preferred. (Hyundai / GM)
- Willingness to travel20% of the time. (out of state and office)
- Should support late call to discuss urgent issue to team in Korea, possible to work at holiday if urgently required