Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We deliver award-winning services in managednetworks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
This is an opportunity for a highly energetic individual to join our organization as a Sr. Product Development manager with strong understanding of Software Defined Network (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), work with a highly skilled product engineering team to create NFV/SDN service products. The right candidate will be responsible for managing NFV/SDN service product development activities across internal departments from validating product concept, converting product requirements to software development requirements, to launching the product with full of documentations. The candidate must be able to perform the following duties on a day-to-day basis:
- Collect and prioritize customer and market requirements
- Define engineering requirements and use cases
- Manage activities of product development across internal resource teams
- Manage beta trial program of new product launch
- Product documentation
- Support marketing and sales on new product launch
- Maintain product roadmap
- Manage entire product life cycle
- Ensure new products have proper process to support from quote to cash, as well as steady state support
- Closely work with engineering teams for new products and existing product enhancements
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as Product manager on MPLS, Cloud and other mainstream Enterprise Data Networking products and managed services for 10 years
- Must have excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Must have very good understanding of SDN & NFV, SD-WAN, vCPE/uCPE
- Must have good understanding of software system architecture and design principles
- Has knowledge about server virtualization technologies, such as, KVM, VMware,
- Has knowledge with at least one of the Vendor specific or Open Source SDN Controller platforms like CISCO NSO, OpenDaylight, ONOS, NFV management platforms like Open Source Mano, Juniper Contrail, Container Architectures like Docker/Kubernetes is a must.
- Experience working within a Global Sales environment
- Broad knowledge and experience in enterprise networking areas such as large enterprise VPNNetwork, enterprise security , networkarchitecture & design, MPLS, Switching, Telepresence, Wireless, Unified Communications, IP Telephony, IPCC, WOPT, FW/IPS, SDN, NFV, etc…
- Pre-sales / bid-team experience including creation of cost models, SOWs, response to RFI/RFP etc.
- Self-starter/Self-motivated, team player
- BS Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience desirable
- Willingness and ability to conduct meetings and field communication outside of normal working hours to accommodate teams based internationally, as needed
- Ability to work effectively with clients, senior management, staff and vendors
- Previous experience working with/presenting to an executive audience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required