Winning the race to bring new healthcare products safely to a waiting world drives Rapid Micro Biosystems (RMB) to combine today’s innovative technologies as never before. Your career at RMB puts you at the center of diverse global teams that span robotics, AI, Machine Learning, imaging, microbiology, and more, re-shaping how urgently needed pharmaceuticals are made, tested, and released for decades to come. The sky’s the limit.
Careers at RMB are fast-moving, with the high growth you’d expect from a world leader in microbiology automation. Advancement at RMB affords an opportunity to achieve your personal goals and develop your passions, in an inclusive environment where every employee has the resources and opportunities to hone their skills. You’ll do more, learn more, and have the ability to make a profound impact on our business.
As Senior Product Development Engineer, you will be involved with the development of new products used to transform the microbiology lab automation market. You will play an active role in the development of products, supporting a wide range of activities across the R&D team, and leading activities around the product development process, design work, testing, and communication of outcomes and results to a cross-functional team. You will become a trusted member of R&D and will help shape the outcome of products developed at RMB!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product Development Engineering
- Evaluation of product performance through data analysis and modeling
- Develop products in compliance with company product development practices
- Hands-on role in the generation and maintenance of FMEA during development
- Creation of necessary design output documentation to support transfer to production
- Investigate product issues in support of NCRs and ECOs, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Execute failure analyses and mitigation activities, utilizing industry best practices such as Six Sigma, Lean, and CAPA
- Develop designs and 3D models of parts and assemblies utilizing Solidworks
- Participate in DFM/A activities for new products
- Provide analysis for data-driven decisions on design direction and optimization
- Active participant in design reviews
- DESIGN AND EXECUTE test protocols through the entire product life cycle
- Work with designers to create and test prototypes for evaluation.
- Create detailed test reports
- Maintain a high level of communication with cross-functional teams, and suppliers
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Mechanical or Systems engineering, or other technical degrees with a strong analytical background
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in automation, electromechanical systems, and plastics
- 6+ years experience with Solidworks and Enterprise PDM
- 6+ years experience with high volume consumables and capital equipment desirable
- Proven ability as an effective team member
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Experience with analysis or statistical tools (i.e. Matlab, Minitab, etc…) is strongly preferred
- Comfortable using Microsoft suite of software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to cross-functional teams is a plus
- High attention to detail and documentation