AS A SENIOR DESIGNER, YOU...
- Understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights customers.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Evaluate solutions through the lens of the end-user, and advocate that point of view to colleagues.
- Consider the project’s key business metrics and customer insights when working through design problems.
- Apply solid usability and aesthetics principles to your work, while concurrently looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Partner with design, engineering, and product management to ensure the project meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Think strategically about how to release features in logical iterations, proactively look for opportunities to improve quality/efficiency, and validate ideas with multivariate experimentation.
- Serve as a lead for design critique sessions within your Product team.
- Effortlessly present work to individual colleagues, internal teams, and executives for review and feedback.
- Provide direct and impactful feedback in Product team reviews and the larger design critiques, engage peers in their work, and seek out feedback from other designers to grow their own expertise.
- Find joy in the mundane, and tackle every challenge with fierce curiosity.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TRIBE...
- 6.5+ years of real-world design experience.
- A passion for and demonstrated understanding of visual, information, and motion design.
- An innate desire to work out-loud, challenge your own assumptions and conventions, and pursue the “what-ifs”.
- Advanced command of standard design applications (i.e. Sketch, InVision, UXPin, Photoshop, Illustrator); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Advanced digital design portfolio with examples of designing for mobile, smart devices, and complex cloud-based services that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for multi-modal experiences.
- Advanced ability to utilize feedback/direction from Design leadership and your Product team generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of Design and Product leadership.
- Advanced understanding of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on Agile.
- Proficiency with best-practices around Design Systems; demonstrated success a plus.
- Always improving, but demonstrates strong writing skills for internal and public-facing artifacts, and and ability to communicate complex ideas in a way that is accessible to those unfamiliar with the projects.
- Experience partnering with engineering in a Scrum environment to realize the design intent of a customer experience.
- A desire to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers and colleagues.
HOW TO SET YOURSELF APART...
- Mastery of all foundational principles of Visual Design, and a strong understanding of UX principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of content strategy and methods for applying that understanding to projects.
- Fluency and demonstrated experience with information design and data visualization principles and practices.
- Experience with conducting validation research activities with users.
- Proficiency with WCAG Accessibility conformance standards; demonstrated experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with designing for multiple languages (i18n/loc).
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices and guidelines for technical execution of designs on all screens and platforms — Web, Web for mobile, iOS native, Android native to name a few — as well as an innate desire to stay up to date on emerging platforms and technologies.
- Understanding of broader DesignOps principles, patterns and practices.
- Fluency with UX Writing principles, patterns and practices.