OUR TEAMWe believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks. We reserve 2 days per week for focused work without meetings and emphasize planning to keep our work-life balance healthy and sustainable.
We believe we can only succeed if we deeply understand our customers and get to know them personally. We spend time with law enforcement officers to learn about their needs, watch their experience and see the real impact of our work. Your first ride-along with a patrol officer will forever change your perception of what the job is, and what the city is like.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead design for one of Axon Records' key features. You'll own the full design process, from initial research and discovery through concepting, detailed design, testing, and ongoing design support.
- Collaborate with product managers to initiate, execute, and extract insights using a variety of research methods: observational, interviews, participatory, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.
- Produce artifacts that define and communicate your solutions. It will be up to you, but we generally use a combination of journey maps, architecture diagrams, wireframes, final designs, interaction diagrams, and prototypes.
- Garner support for your solutions up, down, and sideways within the organization to gain buy-in and support.
- Work closely with business and engineering stakeholders.
- Collaborate across feature and product teams to ensure consistent user experiences across all products.
- Provide mentorship to junior designers and interns.
- 6+ years of software design experience and 2+ years leading full products or large features.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or equivalent experience and skill.
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methodology to product definition, design, and development. Successful candidates will have experience with every stage of the design process, including: research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- You enjoy collaborating on early product definition as much as you enjoy working with the larger product and engineering teams on implementation.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- A broad skillset with deep specialization in at least one area (research, IA, UX, visual, etc).
- Experience with designing for multiple form factors including (web, mobile, or on-device and modalities like touch, voice, or desktop).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain your ideas and decisions in a way that anyone can understand.
- Highly knowledgeable of modern design tools and proficient at quickly learning new ones. We currently use Sketch + Invision App, but are always evaluating new tools.
- Able to function both independently and in a collaborative team environment. Comfortable in both leader and follower roles.
- A great portfolio available for review.
Compensation and Benefits
- Award-winning office and working environment with the newest technology.
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Discretionary PTO.
- Fun team activities and outings.
- Flexible working hours.
- Options for training in the US.
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement.