The Sr. Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the overall business procurement strategy for the Corporate and Manufacturing spend across the organization, with the responsibility of an annual spend of $40 MM.
This role is responsible for managing sourcing initiatives, supplier management and cost reductions to identify the best in class suppliers, provide competitive pricing, and implement effective sourcing strategies including the following key focus areas including but not limited to Manufacturing: energy, outside lab, chemicals, repair and maintenance, supplies, professional services, waste, membranes, etc. and Corporate: leases, etc.
He/She must closely collaborate and align with internal stakeholders including Leadership, Operations, and Supply Chain, to ensure operational excellence and value capture from strategic sourcing activities. He/She will be accountable to drive procurement value contribution to Milk Specialties Global while ensuring compliance with policies, strategies and processes in addition to supporting business growth, while continuing to maintain quality, cost and service levels.
Our Sr. Procurement Manager Will:
- Determine and manage vendors to supply the most valued source of all goods and services within the assigned departments. Negotiate, place and expedite commodity orders, maintain records and process purchase requisitions to ensure that commodities are available as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
- Provide strategic and tactical procurement of but not limited to:
- Outside Lab
- Repair & Maintenance
- Plant and Office Supplies
- Professional Services
- Keep abreast of changing trends in prices or availability of responsible commodities and recommend necessary action to ensure a continued flow of to meet production and sales requirements. Review operation plans and provide purchasing strategies on key ingredients.
- Support the plants with their supply chain and manage sufficient inventories for economical manufacturing and consult with Production planning to ensure adequate planning. Communicate with Production and Warehouse areas to remain current on conditions.
- Analyze spend data, establish and execute category and sourcing strategies. Manage and aggressively identify opportunities to optimize and mitigate risk within the supply chain.
- Continually look for process improvements in the purchasing function that will contribute to increasing operating efficiencies and profitability while insuring reliability and achievement of product quality standards.
- Create and maintain key ERP records including Item Master, Item/Supplier Profile, Stockroom Details, Production Detail, Routings and BOM records to support MRP.
- Develop and manage pricing strategies.
- Develop and leverage strategic suppliers relationships to create a competitive advantage for our business and deliver innovation business solutions
- Participate in the strategic planning process. Collaborate closely with Operations, Supply Chain and Sales to manage supply risk and market cost evolution to optimize pricing and contribution margin.
- Create plant specific spending strategies with the support of plant staff in order to meet the needs of each specific location while minimizing the spend.
- Draft proposals to manage contracts and negotiations.
- Preserve and promote company standards by building a strong and self-sufficient commodity supply base.
- Collaborate with suppliers on improving quality.
- Alleviate risks and focus on developing supplier performance.
- Assists in keeping project within budgeting guidelines.
- Coordinate all purchasing related activities for Operations and Corporate as assigned within the various goods and services
- Prepare and present recommended supply strategies to Leadership Team.
- Identify gaps within the existing supply base relative to the current and future business Communicate needs to other functional groups so that development work can be completed in time to support project.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Procurement or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Procurement/ Commodity Management role; performing vendor management, contract management, negotiating complex purchases, and bidding; experience in food and beverage industry strongly preferred.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society/Certified Project Management (APICS CPM) certification desired.
- Progressive experience utilizing strategic sourcing, negotiating and contracting required.
- Proven record of establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Experience developing and leading procurement functional strategy.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to leverage purchasing opportunities across a large and complex organization.
- Experience with "Strategic Sourcing Techniques" such as managing value stream, lean concepts, contractual alternatives, and buying theories.
- Knowledge of Profit & Loss and Year Over Year cost savings metrics
- Strong process and project management skills in support of cross functional team activities.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, hands-on mind-set, effective time management, proactive disposition and be a flexible team player.
- Strong leadership with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment across functions, all levels of management, and customers.
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated passion, versatility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities under the pressures of deadlines with the ability to manage numerous projects concurrently.
- Self-motivated, proactive individual who will constantly seek improvement opportunities.
- Confident problem solver with quick decision-making capability.
- A team player who wants to contribute to a thriving culture.
- Excellent PC skills: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), ERP.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 25%