Serve as operational consultant to General Manager
Partner with site operations and provide assessments of operations for improvement opportunities related to safety, service, productivity, cost reduction, and/or process simplification.
Effectively use tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Root cause analysis, 5S, Total Quality Management, Etc.
Spend a large amount of time on the floor during all operational hours with a deep understanding of each area.
Define standard operating procedures and ensure the adherence to documents procedures.
Define and share best practices between sites.
Develop and apply labor standards.
Update time standards as conditions change and new processes/hardware is implemented.
Provide assistance on projects where labor calculations are required for impact evaluations.
Own and administer Labor Management.
Assist in the implementation of new processes, software applications, and/or hardware.
Work with reporting and analysis and site production planners on productivity reporting.
Assist with budgeting and resource planningJob Description Details
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN WEST CHESTER, PA BUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL TRAVEL 50-75% OF THE TIME
Responsible for process improvement, methods and measurement, and capital projects for the domiciled fulfillment center. The role may also be asked to support these initiatives at other facilities throughout the 13 building network. This role will also support larger automation engineering capital projects as necessary.
- Partner with site operations and provide assessments of operations for improvement opportunities related to safety, service, productivity, cost reduction, and/or process simplification.
- Effectively use tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Root cause analysis, 5S, Total Quality Management, Etc.
- Continuously dig for process improvement opportunities and work with the appropriate stakeholder group to address these opportunities.
- With the site leadership team, create and drive a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Work with and utilize the black belt team as needed.
Methods and Measurement
- Document standard operating procedures and ensure the adherence to these documented procedures.
- Define and share best practices between sites.
- Develop and apply labor standards.
- Update time standards as conditions change and new processes/hardware is implemented.
- Own and administer Labor Management.
- Recommend and assess technology to improve efficiency and/or safety.
- Recognize operational issues/challenges and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Work with the operations team to gain consensus on benefits and potential process changes.
- Develop and present fact-based business cases.
- Oversee site capital projects to include vendor(s) relationships, internal cross-functional support, schedule execution, spending, and benefit realization.
- Assist with the implementation of corporate projects.
- Spend a significant amount of time on the floor during all operational hours to gain a deep understanding of each work area.
- Active participant of the site leadership team
- Work with reporting and analysis and site production planners on productivity reporting.
- Assist with budgeting and resource planning
- Proactively seek out educational opportunities related to warehousing, distribution, automation, technology, safety, transportation, Lean, Six Sigma, project management, etc.
- Other projects/tasks assigned by the Manager.
- Interface with the site operational team, site maintenance team, corp engineering, black belts, IT, and safety
- Working Knowledge of Labor Management applications such as Manhattan's LM
- Strong understanding of Fulfillment operations industry standards and best practices
- Strong understanding of building wide flow, through put, and capacity
- In partnership with site leaders and Engineering, lead site wide process improvement direction- short and long term
- Project management experience
- Proficiency in utilizing various labor standard techniques
- Not constrained by paradigms or the status quo
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to influence others
- Innovative spirit
- Understanding of fundamental statistical concepts
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse stakeholder group that may include front line associates and all levels up to and including senior executives.
- Ability to get results working through others.
- Supply chain knowledge with an aptitude to learn new areas/processes as required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A BS degree in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or related disciple is required
- MBA or MS preferred
- Maynard Operational Sequence Technique (MOST) Certified preferred
- Travel may be required
- Experience: 6-7 years of experience in a related field and successful demonstration of the responsibilities and skill set listed above. (lean six sigma, process improvement, ability to build engineer standards)