WHY YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED
Our client is an established and successful global organization in the packaged and convenience foods industry. Considered one of the top three suppliers in the world in one of their product segments.
State side and international opportunities for growth available.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WOULD BE
The company is looking to partner with a no-nonsense individual who wants to dig in and lead projects and reach beyond current production attainment to how to improve the process. The right person will improve data tracking, analytical data, and the matrix. They will work on scaling up projects and continuous improvement and must have the ability to work with bench level markings and assist in the transition to the production floor. You must deeply understand manufacturing process and be able to make necessary adjustments to the plans and project based on any number problems that may arise. This individual will be an integral voice and influence within many cross-functional teams.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, designs, and improves manufacturing processes.
- Identifies high impact cost savings opportunities within the manufacturing plant and completes projects to capture these savings.
- Utilizes problem solving methodologies to deliver the required outcomes.
- Generates rework instructions, gaining approval and provides copies to production and rework personnel.
- Science - Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical) or related physical science.
- REQUIRED: Minimum of 7years experience as a Project/Process Engineer
- REQUIRED: Strong statistical/DOE experience.
- REQUIRED: Ability to use computer aided engineering software, such as AutoCAD.Previous food manufacturing highly sought after.
- Six SigmaBlack Belt Certification and/or Lean Manufacturing experience highly sought after.
- Proficiency in Minitab or equivalent.