We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Process Engineer to join the Advanced Technology team. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for designing, building, and commissioning advanced fuel cell-based systems for power generation, hydrogen production, and carbon capture applications. The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of process design, with a focus on developing and implementing process control logic. This position requires flexibility to work on multiple projects, covering a range of systems and technologies, in various stages of the design or validation process.
- Develops Heat and Material Balances (H&MBs) using process simulation software tools.
- Creates and/or updates Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), especially with respect to process control logic.
- Specifies process equipment (including water treatment systems, pumps, heat exchangers, gas blowers, and reactors) in compliance with international codes and standards, project specifications, and general specifications prevalent in gas applications.
- Works with suppliers to select and qualify equipment/designs for fuel cell balance-of-plant systems.
- Designs and analyzes piping systems in accordance with process design requirements and industry standards.
- Specifies process instrumentation (including control valves, shut-off valves, safety valves, gas sensors, temperature/pressure/flow sensors, and other specialty components) in compliance with international codes and standards, project specifications, and general specifications prevalent in gas applications.
- Works with suppliers to select and qualify instruments for fuel cell balance-of-plant systems.
- Develops control strategies for advanced fuel cell power systems. Documents the control strategies in a Control Philosophy document, including SAMA (or equivalent) logic diagrams.
- Communicates process control strategies, using appropriate documentation, to the programming engineer.
- Supports the Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming engineer in implementing and/or troubleshooting control logic.
- Ensures that systems are developed in accordance with best safety practices. This includes participating in Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) reviews.
- Supports system fabrication, installation, and commissioning activities when needed to ensure proper system operation. Tunes controllers.
- Prepares technical reports and presentations to communicate designs/results to internal and external stakeholders. Assists with writing project proposals.
- Performs other duties and projects, as assigned.
- Domestic and occasional International travelrequired: 15%
Education: B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering or related field.
Experience: 10 plus years of relevant industrial work experience in process design role.