PURPOSE OF POSITIONThe Sr. Process Engineer is responsible for designing tools, fixtures and gages for a manufacturing department. Extension and Repair parts manufacturing and related products. He/she will work in a cross-functional team environment to develop processes from brainstorming conception through final implementation on the plant floor. These projects and process improvement are key to improving capacity and capability and lower costsof our products.
- Using statistical analysis and manufacturing engineering techniques, troubleshoots manufacturing processes and develops ways to reduce variability in those processes.
- Ensures product quality, process capabilities, and cost improvements.
- Design tooling, gaging and fixturing required to support manufacturing.
- Implements Process Controls and conducts statistical root cause analysis to identify ways to improve and maintain acceptable product quality.
- Works closely with production and facilities maintenance to troubleshoot and repair problems with production equipment.
- Develops and implements capital improvement projects to provide cost savings to the process.
- Using lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodologies develops process improvements and optimal use of manufacturing resources.
- Works with suppliers to ensure incoming quality, and equipment vendors to develop the most efficient use of capital.
- Works closely with the Supervisor, Team Lead and Design Engineering to support new product introduction and product upgrades or cost improvement initiatives.
- Develops work instructions which direct the most efficient, cost effective and highest quality process.
- Reduces machine down-time by developing standard work instructions for predictive/preventative maintenance. Identifies the schedule, tools, and supplies needed for proper maintenance of capital equipment.
- Works closely with Finance and Materials to ensure correct manufacturing costs, process routings and bill of materials.
- Collaborate with Operations and HR teams to determine the key training needs to support business objectives and design programs that directly address those needs.
- Assures program backups and parameters are being maintained on an annual basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BSME or BS in Mfg. Eng preferred) or 7+ years equivalent experience (significantly and directly related)
Work Experience Required:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment including lean/flow manufacturing with relevant exposure to primary manufacturing such as machining and forging.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- A working knowledge of practical statistics.
- Hands on experience in lean manufacturing implementations, including analysis, design and implementation
- Passionate: Has a passion for making improvements and getting things accomplished.
- Strong working knowledge of tool and die principles and associated manufacturing processes
- Understanding of forging, broaching, machining, ability to program CNC machinery is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical methods (part/process qualifications and problem solving activities
- Proficient with ProE, or Solid Works, familiar with AutoCad and knowledgeable of geometric dimensioning & tolerance.
- Proficient with MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Excellent written/verbal skills required
- Ability to promote creativity and informed risk taking with a sense of urgency to achieve important goals
- Establishes realistic goals and delivers results
- Establishes processes for continuous improvements
- Demonstrates trust in team members and celebrates successes
- Consistently demonstrates the highest level of personal ethical conduct
- Communicates effectively with employees at all levels, demonstrating and stimulating passion and commitment
US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.