Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This role is responsible for coordinating and providing technical assistance required to improve quality, productivity and standard cost problems in the manufacturing process throughout the plant. In addition, this role will develop and optimize processes using Six Sigma and Lean techniques and lead manufacturing improvement initiatives. The incumbent is responsible for the coordinating daily execution of experiments, data organization and analysis, report generation, and general production support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee a small group of employees and give technical and process direction
- Make recommendations on budgetary items
- Troubleshoot all aspects of the golf ball manufacturing process
- Identify improvement opportunities related to current process and equipment
- Lead technical work streams of major capital projects
- Conduct pilots and feasibility studies for existing and new processes
- Work effectively and professionally with all levels of employees
- Provide professional and respectful communication, written and verbal, to all levels of manufacturing
- Establish and maintain manufacturing instructions
- Act as project leader for critical engineering initiatives
- Train production personnel on new, or modified manufacturing operations as required
- Lead Kaizen Events and Continuous Improvement Projects
- Coach and train the Engineering Technicians to elevate the technical competence in their departments
- Review, modify and implement manufacturing instructions and standard work in coordination with the operations team and training department
- Drive initiatives designed to improve overall process capability
- Works towards improvements for process efficiencies
- Work in a safe manner following all PPE and standardized processes
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Strong competency with Microsoft Works programs including Excel, Word and Access
- Strong competency with Minitab or other statistical software
- Use and understand a wide variety of manufacturing equipment and programs to enhance and support manufacturing processes
- Ability to manage various projects, multi-task, and assign tasks when required.
- Excellent process identification, evaluation, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from management and other departments.
- Ability to work independently and rapidly adapt and respond to priority changes based on business needs.
- Work extended hours and travel in critical situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to maintain professional customer relations and to deal responsively with management and peers.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and direct a small group of employees on a large scale project
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Industrial or Mechanical fields
- 2 to 3 years demonstrated experience as an acting Project Lead
- 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training in field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- The employee may be frequently expose to fumes or airborne particles
- The employee may be exposed to confined spaces while working on machines
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- The employee may be required to stand, sit, crouch, walk and bend/conform in uncomfortable positions for varying periods of time
- Will be required to use vision including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions